: A Nintendo Hard
video game boss, usually in a fighting game.
- Straight: In Destiny Duel III, the Final Boss, Blackhole, is difficult to defeat, due to him countering your every move, having high attack strength, and possessing a Super Move that fills the entire screen.
- Exaggerated: Blackhole defeats you in one hit. Instantly.
- Blackhole's AI is very powerful, but he is balanced for multiplayer.
- Blackhole has a ton of cheap moves, but his AI is very poor.
- Justified: The Blackhole that serves as the end boss is a powered up version of the one that is available in multiplayer, reflecting him showing his true power.
- Inverted: Anti-Climax Boss.
- Subverted: Blackhole's attack strength is very high... but his defense is low and his attacks leave him vulnerable.
- Double Subverted: ...for round one. Once you beat him for the first round, he decides it's time to stop playing around, and shows off his full power.
- Parodied: Blackhole is obviously Cherry Tapping, including attacking you with his pinky or his little toe.
- Zig-Zagged: (continued from "Double Subverted") And then in round three he thinks he overdid it, and goes back to using less than his full power.
- Averted: The boss is different for every character, but it's always a playable character.
- Enforced: "How will we keep gamers coming back for their quarters again and again? I know! Make the boss real hard!"
- Lampshaded: "You will die a thousand deaths before my awesome power!"
- Invoked: The creators of Duel Destiny III have mentioned that they always believe in giving the gamers a challenge...
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The creators of Duel Destiny III do not want to be unfair to the player, so Blackhole is no harder than the other opponents.
- Discussed: "What're we gonna do? He's so powerful, we gotta give him everything we've got!"
- Conversed: "ARGH! Stupid freaking Blackhole! Another quarter..."
- Deconstructed: Blackhole is hated by the community, who advocate using cheap methods to defeat him, or even recommend against pumping quarters into the machine.
- However, the Hardcore crowd loves him, considering him to be a Worthy Opponent for their skill.
- The company takes note, and in Duel Destiny IV, the new final boss, Deathwing, is more balanced, but still tough.
- The company, after seeing so many complaints, release a notice about a small exploit they built in that prevents him from using his super, making him balanced even for casual players.
- Played For Laughs: Blackhole is a boss, not necessarily the final boss, of a fighting game in a similar vein to I Wanna Be the Guy, thus his difficulty is cheap to the point of hilarity.
- Played For Drama: If you lose and don't continue (or can't continue) against Blackhole, you get the Bad Ending.
Back to SNK Boss
to witness my limitless power!