: An enemy roars before it attacks.
- Straight: Lord Bloodstone's pet dragon Fluffy lets out a loud roar before it engages Bob in combat.
- Downplayed: Fluffy hiccups before it fights.
- Fluffy's roar is an intimidation tactic; it attacks those that are not initially warded off by its roar.
- Fluffy's roar is a powerful attack in its own right.
- Inverted: Fluffy lets out a triumphant roar after defeating Bob.
- Subverted: Fluffy inhales, suggesting a roar... but it breathes a stream of fire at Bob instead of roaring.
- Double Subverted: After breathing out the fire, Fluffy roars at Bob.
- Fluffy's roar is far from terrifying (perhaps a roar equivalent of the Un Evil Laugh.)
- T-35 tank makes a roar before attacking.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Fluffy roars; at other times, Fluffy breathes fire instead.
- Averted: Fluffy skips the roar and begins the fight right away.
- Enforced: "We gave him a damn pet lion, I want to hear some roaring!"
- Lampshaded: "Why does every monster we meet roar before a fight? Is it in their blood or something?"
- Invoked: Lord Bloodstone trained Fluffy to roar at opponents before attacking as an intimidation technique.
- Exploited: Bob stabs Fluffy while it is roaring.
- Defied: Fluffy avoids roaring so that it can ambush Bob.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Fluffy is left vulnerable to a fatal blow from Bob's sword while it roars.
- Played For Laughs: Fluffy's "roar" (and it's intended to be a roar) is one of the most ridiculous sound effects ever recorded or synthesized by modern man. In a silent medium, an over-the-top depiction of the sheer absurdity of the sound will be given instead. Bonus Points if the Hero or some other supporting cast member is responsible for Fluffy's inability to intimidate.
Back to Roar Before Beating