'''Basic Trope''': The format of a show is changed to appeal to new viewers.
* '''Straight''': ''AliceAndBob'', a struggling sitcom with some noticeable dramatic elements, is slowly turned into a balls-to-the-wall comedy.
* '''Exaggerated''': ''Alice and Bob'', a struggling dramatic series, is turned into an almost Dadaist comedy in the span of one episode.
* '''Downplayed''': ''Alice and Bob'', a somewhat dark sitcom, is slowly turned into a somewhat comedic sitcom that nonetheless still teaches lessons to its viewers.
* '''Justified''': Viewers came for the comedy but didn't stay for the drama.
* '''Inverted''': ''Alice and Bob'', a show enjoying the peak of its popularity, is suddenly changed for little to no good reason.
* '''Subverted''': The shift was temporary. A couple years later, it's back to its old self again.
* '''Double Subverted''': But ''that'' shift back was temporary, too.
* '''Parodied''': The producers change ''everything'' about the show, including the title and the main characters - to the point where anyone wonders if it's the same show anymore.
* '''Zig Zagged''': Some elements of the show are gone for good, but others eventually see their way to returning.
* '''Averted''': No changes are made.
* '''Enforced''': "Ratings are down for this show. Let's change it from a dramatic sitcom to a straight-up sitcom!"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Remember when you used to be serious?" "I don't think about that, and neither should you."
* '''Invoked''': See "Enforced".
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': The producers decide that even though they may need new fans, they don't want to upset the fans they already have.
* '''Discussed''': "Didn't our lives seem a lot more serious until a few months ago?" "Now that you mention it..."
* '''Conversed''': ???
* '''Deconstructed''': The ReTool doesn't pay off: not only do the fans of the show stop tuning in, but the new premise fails to draw any new viewers.
* '''Reconstructed''': The ReTool pays off and gets new viewers in the door.
Back to ReTool - the trope that's now been replaced by a Website/YouTube page.
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???