: A character has to be reminded that he trusts others.
- Straight: Jack and Horatio became Fire-Forged Friends after fighting a troll. When Jack investigates a dragon, he finds Horatio sneaking about and reminds him that they fought against the troll together. Horatio tells him what he learned.
- Exaggerated: Horatio acts wary whenever he meets Jack.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Habits are hard thing to break.
- Inverted: Horatio always trusts anyone who's been nice to him.
- Subverted: Jack was trying to pry open Horatio so he can kill the dragon and get credit.
- Double Subverted: Except that he knew that facing the dragon would kill Horatio and he doesn't really care about credit.
- Parodied: Horatio has to be reminded constantly. Once an Episode, maybe even Once A Scene.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Once Horatio has won Jack's trust, Jack never seems to doubt that fact.
- Enforced: The producers want the freedom to run episodes Out of Order, so they make sure this important bit of characterization between Jack and Horatio is kept fresh.
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Jack becomes even more suspicious of Horatio, since people with actual trust relationships don't need to remind each other of the fact.
- Reconstructed: Horatio's Dark and Troubled Past comes out, and he begins the slow process of undoing all the bad habits it taught him.
What do you think you're doing, skulking back to Remember That You Trust Me
by yourself? We're in this together, you know!