: A princess with a rebellious streak.
- Straight: Princess Farah finds her parents overbearing, her advisers condescending, and all the restrictions on her life frustrating. So she revolts against it all, running off in disguise to help Hiro on his journey to defeat Emperor Evulz.
- Exaggerated: Princess Farah finds her position so stifling that she decides to help overthrow her own family, joining La Résistance.
- Downplayed: ???
- Princess Farah has seen firsthand the deplorable state of her country and finds that the government her parents head is responsible for it.
- Even if she's royalty, she's still a teenager looking to exert her own identity other than "the daughter of the King and Queen".
- Inverted: Princess Farah is an obedient Princess Classic.
- Subverted: A commoner tells Farah that it must be difficult always being told what to do but she says she doesn't mind because she's a demure Princess Classic.
- Double Subverted: Farah acts obedient just to lure the castlefolk into a false sense of security so that she can run off and do rebellious things behind their collective back.
- Parodied: Farah is a Spoiled Brat who disagrees with everything anyone says or does simply to be contrary, because she thinks that's what a princess is supposed to do.
- Zig Zagged: While she dislikes certain aspects of her station, Farah also recognizes its many advantages. Though she disagrees with some of the decisions made by her parents, she doesn't openly oppose them... but does work to undercut some of the decisions she finds most distasteful. When push comes to shove and she must choose To Be Lawful or Good, she decides to screw the rules and follow her heart... but still agonizes over the decision afterward as she deals with the consequences.
- Averted: Princess Farah is chafes at the restrictions put on her life as a princess...so she learns to manipulate people around her to get around these restrictions and thereby gain power in the court.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Let me guess, you're a sheltered princess who just needed to run off and do your own thing, right?"
- Invoked: Princess Farah's parents purposefully restrict her freedom so that she will run off and learn how hard life outside the palace really is.
- Learning that Princess Farah has a rebellious streak, Emperor Evulz has his minions spread rumors amid the populace of her kingdom that she doesn't care for its citizens.
- Alternately, he has one of his moles ply the princess with lies painting the royal court in an even worse light, hoping to provoke further confrontation and grief.
- Defied: "Run away? I'm living a life that most of the girls in the kingdom would kill to have!"
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Life in the castle didn't prepare Farah for the harsher realities outside. Since she ditched her duties, she's seen as a traitor, with her own (ex-)subjects viewing her with scorn.
- Though Farah didn't appreciate/realize it, the rules she chafed under were put there for her protection. Her rebellion just leads her to flounce right into Emperor Evulz' hands.
- Reconstructed: Despite the hardship, Farah still finds satisfaction in escaping her oppressive past and carving out a new life for herself.
Back to Rebellious Princess