: Dromaeosaurids, troodontids and long-tailed birds are portrayed inaccurately.
- Straight: The Velociraptor does not have feathers and is Deinonychus-sized.
- Exaggerated: The Velociraptor does not have feathers, is Utahraptor-sized, extremely intelligent, and lives in North America in the Jurassic.
- Downplayed: The raptors only have slight deviations from their real species's appearance.
- Justified: The Velociraptor has been specifically bred to be featherless and huge.
- Inverted: The raptors are too birdlike.
- Subverted: It turns out only a few Velociraptors are featherless
- Double Subverted:..but they are all still Deinonychus-sized.
- Parodied: It turns out the Velociraptor has shaved.
- Zig Zagged:
- The show keeps on switching between accurately-feathered Velociraptors and featherless ones.
- Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Utahraptor, and Troodon do not have feathers, while Saurornitholestes, Graciliraptor, Buitreraptor, and Xixiasaurus do.
- Averted: The Velociraptor is correctly-sized and correctly-feathered.
- Originally, feathered Velociraptors were introduced, but the public demanded featherless ones.
- The feathers looked ridiculous and had to be fixed.
- Lampshaded: "Look, see, he doesn't have feathers!"
- Invoked: Bob plucks feathers out of the Velociraptor.
- Exploited: The Velociraptors let the silly tropers think they're Utahraptor-sized monsters of destruction; it helps them get sweet movie deals.
- Defied: Someone glued feathers onto the scaly Velociraptor.
- Discussed: "Should our raptors have feathers..." "NO!"'
- Conversed: "I told you, make the raptors have feathers, goddammit!"
- Deconstructed: Said genetically-engineered Velociraptors, without insulating feathers, cannot survive in our present-day climate
- Reconstructed: ...But, introduced further south, the featherless Velociraptors do great.
Back to Raptor Attack