Playing With: Ptero Soarer
: Pterosaurs are portrayed inaccurately.
- Straight: The Ptero Soarer is scaly and has a long tail
- Downplayed: The Pteranodon is portrayed what people from the 60s thought they were like.
- The Ptero Soarer is an undiscovered species.
- The Ptero Soarer is actually a reconstruction from pterosaur DNA mixed with DNA from other reptiles.
- The Ptero Soarer appears only in a dream sequence, and all other pterosaurs are accurate.
- A bird that behaves like a Pteranodon (AKA, a pelican).
- Subverted: The Ptero Soarer is a hybrid between a Pteranodon and Rhamphorhynchus
- Double Subverted:...but is still bipedal and scaly.
- Our Rhamphorhynchus tried eating a clam and all his teeth fell out.
- Alice always thought a Pteranodon is a cat.
- Zig Zagged: The Ptero Soarer is furry in winter and scaly in summer.
- Averted: The Pteranodon is portrayed correctly.
- The Rhamphorhynchus's dentist is angry.
- Acceptable Breaks from Reality, where its accurate portrayal could have otherwise clash with the show's entertainment value.
- He is ostracized due to inaccuracy.
- "I could have sworn they look nothing like this!"
- Invoked: Bob got a rare bird and convince people it's a Pteranodon.
- Exploited: He put it in a freak show and rip people off their money to see a 'real-life Pteranodon'.
- Defied: The Ptero Soarer had plastic surgery to remove his long tail.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Implied: Pteranodons are extinct and are not seen, but its skeletal display seems to look odd.
- Deconstructed: Climate change knocks out the niche of the Ptero Soarer.
- Reconstructed: ...but they lose teeth, become piscivorous, and grow fur, fit a new niche, and thrive.
Back to Ptero Soarer