Playing With: Ptero Soarer
Basic Trope: Pterosaurs are portrayed inaccurately.
Back to Ptero Soarer
- Straight: The Ptero Soarer is scaly and has a long tail
- The Pteranodon is bipedal, scaly, toothed, has a long tail, no crest, and eats people.
- The Pteranodon is really just an oversized bird that does everything even remotely bird-like, from singing bird songs, perching on trees, and eating worms.
- The Pteranodon is portrayed what people from the 60s thought they were like.
- The Pteranodon only has minor inaccuracies, such as a slightly off crest shape.
- The Ptero Soarer appears only in a dream sequence, and all other pterosaurs are accurate.
- A bird that behaves like a Pteranodon (AKA, a pelican).
- Subverted: The Ptero Soarer is a hybrid between a Pteranodon and Rhamphorhynchus
- Double Subverted:...but is still bipedal and scaly.
- Our Rhamphorhynchus tried eating a clam and all his teeth fell out.
- Alice always thought a Pteranodon is a cat.
- Zig Zagged: The Ptero Soarer is furry in winter and scaly in summer.
- Averted: The Pteranodon is portrayed correctly.
- The Rhamphorhynchus's dentist is angry.
- Acceptable Breaks from Reality, where its accurate portrayal could have otherwise clash with the show's entertainment value.
- He is ostracized due to inaccuracy.
- "I could have sworn they look nothing like this!"
- Invoked: Bob got a rare bird and convince people it's a Pteranodon.
- Exploited: He put it in a freak show and rip people off their money to see a 'real-life Pteranodon'.
- Defied: The Ptero Soarer had plastic surgery to remove his long tail.
- Discussed: An eccentric millionaire and a palaeontologist argue over how to recreate the Pteranodon.
- Conversed: "Some of the previews for this upcoming dinosaur movie are depicting flying reptiles very inaccurately."
- Implied: Pteranodons are extinct and are not seen, but its skeletal display seems to look odd.
- Deconstructed: An eccentric millionaire recreates extinct animals. When he messes up the Pteranodon design because of his outmoded ideas, it turns out to be totally ill-suited to doing anything and promptly dies.
- Reconstructed: The millionaire learns his lesson and adjusts the design to be more accurate.
- Played For Laughs: An eccentric millionaire recreates extinct animals; when he shows the resident palaeontologist his plans for the pterosaur design, the palaeontologist hits his head against the wall.
- Played For Drama: After arguing with said eccentric millionaire, the palaeontologist feels ignored and neglected, and either goes on strike or opts out of the project.
Back to Ptero Soarer