Playing With: Precision-Guided Boomerang
: A boomerang (or another projectile) that can still hit its target and return to the owner, regardless of law of physics or logic.
- Straight: Sir Hero throws his signature boomerang at a crook, hits him and it returns to the Hero's hand with no trouble.
- Sir Hero throws his signature boomerang at a crook, and as the crook runs around the corner of the building, the boomerang manages to curve just in time to hit the crook.
- Sir Hero throws his signature boomerang and hits a crook ... immediately after hearing about the crime from a nearby city.
- Downplayed: No matter how it's thrown, the boomerang always comes back to its owner.
- Sir Hero has studied how every possible aspect of the boomerang works, and plans his throws carefully.
- The boomerang is enchanted or mechanized to always come back to him.
- Inverted: Sir Hero throws his signature boomerang, and in an instant, the boomerang flops to the floor due to not throwing it right.
- Subverted: Sir Hero throws his signature boomerang, and it misses the crook due to odd aiming.
- Doubly Subverted: ...But as the crook is about to go for the kill, the boomerang hits him from behind!
- Parodied: As Sir Hero throws his boomerang to chase the crook, the crook runs through a hall and a staircase. The boomerang manages to go around the hall, and even fly up the stairs, before hitting its target and flying back in the hands of the hero.
- Zig Zagged:
- There are times when the boomerang conveniently nabs the criminal, and in times, sometimes proves to be a futile effort.
- The Hero throws his boomerang, which misses the crook, but it ends up severing a rope which drops a large object above the crook's head, but the crook sidesteps that as well, only for the boomerang to hit him on the way back... and then The Hero fails to catch it on its return.
- Averted: The Hero carefully aims his boomerang, sometimes getting the hit, sometimes missing if not thrown carefully.
- Enforced: "Who would want to see the action ruined by seeing a boomerang miss?"
- Lampshaded: "I can't believe he landed a hit on me with it, even though I was yards away!"
- Invoked: "I will now use my boomerang, no matter where you run, or how far you get, it will get you!"
- Exploited: A particularly Genre Savvy crook realizes that Sir Hero's boomerang will chase him everywhere, so he runs straight toward Sir Hero and dives onto the ground, causing the boomerang to rush in and hit Sir Hero instead.
- Defied: "I don't know why I use this boomerang, it's not going to hit my targets all the time."
- Discussed: "When has that boomerang ever missed?"
- Conversed: "I hope he can catch that criminal with his boomerang!" "Don't worry, no matter where they run, it'll never miss." "Even if he hides?" "It'll find a way to catch him."
- Deconstructed: The boomerang misses, hitting Sir Hero due to poor aim brought on by lack of knowledge on how a boomerang actually works.
- Reconstructed: This is actually a clever tactic by Sir Hero, who rolls with the boomerang, and as the crook closes in, the boomerang loops around once more and hits him in the face.
- Played For Laughs: Captain Hero uses his boomerang to get a beer from the fridge.
- Played For Drama: The boomerang unnneringly, unstoppably homes in towards the target, and Trace is too late to stop Captain Hero from killing an innocent man.
Back to Precision-Guided Boomerang