: A character who can manipulate fire.
- Straight: Bob can breathe fire and shoot fireballs.
- Bob can take on the very form of fire.
- Bob creates a fireball so big it burns everything in the universe.
- Downplayed: Bob can increase the ambient temperature to high, but not burning, levels.
- Justified: Bob is a dragon.
- Inverted: Bob can stab foes with icicles or create tsunamis
- Subverted: Bob appears to be able to shoot fireballs, but it's actually a flamethrower.
- Double Subverted: But then he gains real fire control abilities.
- Bob uses his ability to control fire for trivial purposes.
- Bob is a Fiery Redhead in a universe with Personality Powers - and he keeps throwing insults at those who say he's too hot tempered.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob has no magical powers.
- Enforced: "Fire is cool, and we want our hero to look cool, so let's give him the fire powers."
- Lampshaded: "...let's not have barbecue again..."
- Invoked:Bob went to a school to learn how use fire.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob learns other abilities so he doesn't have to use fire.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Bob has no control over his abilities, and so has to obtain special fire-proof clothing and other items and cannot get close to other people, resulting in depression. Further, his powers result in fires wherever he goes, making him unpopular.
- Alternatively, Bob uses his powers for fire-setting.
- If Bob gets careless, the flames he generates can quickly spread beyond his control. Even if he has the power to extinguish the blazes he creates, a slight lapse in attention can lead to third-degree burns or worse. (And if he doesn't have the power to make the flames he creates go away, one split-second instance of misjudgement could result in him accidentally burning down a building.)
- Reconstructed: So Bob went to a school to learn how to control fire.
Be careful! Playing with Fire
can be dangerous.