Playing With: Pint-Sized Powerhouse
: A small person who is very strong.
- Straight: Bob is 5'2" and weighs 120 lbs. But he can bench-press 400 lbs.
- Bob is a midget with super strength; he can lift a building and toss it over his shoulder.
- Bob is ant-sized, yet can bench-press mountains or even planets.
- Downplayed: Bob is below average height and weight but has above average strength.
- Strength and size aren't always the same.
- Bob is a superhero or magic-user.
- Inverted: Bob is 6'4" and 200 lbs, but is Weaksauce Weakness personified.
- Subverted: Bob claims to be stronger than he looks, but is beaten easily.
- Double Subverted: I Am Not Left-Handed.
- Parodied: Bob is smaller than a single cell organism and he can destroy planets without breaking a sweat.
- Zig Zagged: Bob has the ability to grow or shrink himself; he's super-strong when tiny and super-weak when big, or vice versa.
- Bob is small and weak.
- Bob is big (possibly 6'4" and 200 lbs), and very strong.
- Bob is of average strength and size.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I know size doesn't always matter, but something about Bob seems to take that quote too far."
- Invoked: Bob works out in secret.
- Bob enters a contest of strength, and he's up against big bodybuilder types.
- Bob strength gives him a slight advantage in physical combat, but what really gives him an edge is the fact that his opponents don't expect it.
- Defied: Bob is small, and doesn't do a lot of physical activity. Instead, he prefers things like art and music and chess over sports.
- Discussed: "Damn! Did you just see Bob?" "Yeah! Picked up that car like it was nothing!"
- Conversed: "I'm glad this is just a cartoon. Bob could never do that in reality."
- Deconstructed: Bob's small size means he's a Glass Cannon who can't take the pummeling bigger characters can.
- Reconstructed: Fortunately, his size makes him a small target that's hard to hit.
- Played For Laughs: Bob (a midget) bests Goliath (a huge bodybuilder type) in a wrestling match, then juggles an elephant, a kitchen sink, a toilet, a barbell, and a car to show off.
- Played For Drama: Bob wishes for super-strength, but it causes problems for him. Like accidentally crushing his infant daughter.
- Plotted A Good Waste: The show creators are doing an homage to Underdog, The Atom Ant Show and other similarly compact-yet-strong cartoon characters.
Back to Pintsized Powerhouse