: A brief glimpse of a woman's underwear for purposes of titillation.
- Straight: A sudden gust of wind catches Alice's skirt, and the audience gets to see her panties.
- Exaggerated: Alice is a Cute Clumsy Action Girl in a completely non-magical miniskirt. Between her fighting style, her carelessness, the wind, and the inevitable Clothing Damage, Alice's panties are on display almost constantly.
- Downplayed: Alice's skirt flies just high enough to reveal the corner of her panties for a few frames.
- Double Subverted:
- Upon realizing she forgot to put her panties on, Alice promptly does so, giving the audience a glimpse as she pulls them snug.
- Alice is wearing panties, but finds them uncomfortable. She takes them off, giving the audience a view as she pulls them out of her skirt.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes in the series, a panty shot will be set up, and it will happen. Other times, it will be subverted, averted or cut away from at the last moment. This actually increases viewership, as the uncertainty keeps the audience from getting bored of underwear.
- Magic Skirt
- All female characters wear trousers or other underwear-hiding garments.
- Enforced: "Our target audience is teenage boys who can't get actual pornography legally. Be sure to include plenty of panty shots."
- Lampshaded: "Have you ever considered wearing something that doesn't fly up at the mildest breeze?"
- Alice deliberately goes out in a miniskirt on a windy day, because she spent a bundle on these really cute panties and it's a quick way to show them off.
- Bob carries around a leaf blower to arrange sudden wind gusts.
- Exploited: Thanks to some sort of Zany Scheme, Alice's panties now have the MacGuffin's activation code written on them. Rather than waste time explaining the situation, Bob simply walks behind her and waits for a convenient gust of wind.
- Defied: "It's a little too windy for a miniskirt today. I think I'll wear jeans instead."
- Discussed: "The coolest girl in our class? Alice, because she doesn't mind letting us boys get a glimpse of heaven."
- Conversed: "Y'know, there can be too much of a good thing. I'm beginning to think the girls on this show have brain damage or something, the way they keep falling over to show their panties."
- Deconstructed: Alice likes wearing short skirts and panties, but she hates how prone her skirt is to revealing her panties. This puts her into a dilemma about her fashion sense and ultimately leads to her abandoning the short skirt and panties for more conservative clothing.
- Reconstructed: Alice doesn't care if people see her panties; it's what she wants to wear. Turning on men is simply a bonus in her mind.
- Played For Laughs: Comedic Underwear Exposure
Back to Panty Shot
— Whoa, pink with blue hearts!