: A race of different elves are superior to most inferior races.
- Straight: The different elves are better than the humans, the dwarves, and the normal elves.
- The elves are extremely foreign, yet completely advanced to the other races.
- The foreign elves have supreme technology, powerful magics, and better weapons than the other backward races.
- Downplayed: ???
- They are more knowledgeable than the other races, and their high-tech culture is more complex than their low-tech counterparts.
- Can't Argue with Elves
- The elves are the inferior race, compared to the superior races.
- The dwarves are more tech-savvy, the humans are more intelligent.
- Despite having superior technology and intelligence, the elves are humble to other races.
- The elves are no more different than the other races and get along just fine with them.
- Double Subverted:
- They badmouth the other races in private.
- Until they acquire advanced technology and decide to gloat over and brag about their discovery over the other races.
- Zig Zagged:
- Averted: The elves are no more different then any other race.
- Enforced: "Hey, let's make the elves different from the books we read about them!"
- Invoked: A human proclaims that there are four elements of magic. An elf mage snidely tells him that they have eight elements of elven magic.
- Defied: "Hello, Keith. Can I take a look at your PDA for a sec? I know a lot about human technology!"
- Discussed: ", "
- Conversed: "Are those elves going to mock the humans for being inferior again?"
- Deconstructed: The elves are seen as arrogant and selfish by the other races, who refuse to realize that they are no more arrogant and selfish than them.
- Reconstructed: They realize that humans aren't all that perfect., restoring their pride as a superior race.
Now go back to Our Elves Are Better
, and don't let those inferior
humans see it.