Playing With: Only Cool People Matter
Basic Trope: The show's writer only give importance to people who are cool.
Back to Only Cool People Matter
- Straight: The heroine Kamaila is an Idol Singer, and when she mocks Alice, a girl she finds annoying, the audience is supposed to find it okay, because the girl is geeky.
- Exaggerated: Kamaila is an unitentional Alpha Bitch, who at best borders on Lovable Alpha Bitch because she sometimes mock Alice, the Adorkable Shrinking Violet, to comfort her sadistic best friend, Katally.
- Downplayed: Kamaila is an Idol Singer, and sometimes gets a bit too far when she dislikes Alice's clothing. However, Katally sometimes calls her out of it, and the writers half-agree.
- Justified: Kamaila was once very geeky, and Alice, who was popular back then, was unnecessarly abrasive towards her. She likes to remind her that it is unfair untill she learns the lesson, which she hasn't as of now.
- Inverted: Alice hits the innocent Kamaila with her car, and we are supposed not to be shocked, because she is not nerdy enough to gain the show's writers's compasion.
- Subverted: It was all a way to prove a point, that everyone matters. The writers drop this idea to show us how the evil Kamaila, the Decoy Protagonist, was unnecessarily hard.
- Double Subverted: Untill the writers make her throw Alice's enemy Chelsea, an Adorkable Shrinking Violet who just happens to disagree with her about Star Wars's awesomeness (she thinks it's mega-awesome, while Alice thinks it is hyper-super-awesome) into a cake and give Alice a makeover, which supposedly redeem her because of the Rule of Cool.
- Parodied: In the show within a show, the adorable Alice is fed to Kamaila because she wanted to test anthropophagy, but everyone is okay with it because she is not "cool". When a concerned mother of a watcher tells her daughter to switch channels, she is answered : "Shut up, you nerd, or I eat you with the new Kamaila-fork. It's like the koolest fork ever, so the deputy will be okay with that.".
- Zig Zagged: Kamaila just wants friend, so we should empathize and see her coolness as a way to seek friendship...but that doesn't justify it...but we're not asked to care...
- Averted: Kamaila and Alice are just as important for the show's writers.
- Enforced: "Kamaila has to be cool, so she can do about anything, and people will still find it funny..."
- Lampshaded: "So as long as she's got nice clothes and speaks... cooly, she can commit genocide, and you'll just stand and watch her by going on and on about how she's pretty ?"
- Invoked: Kamalia and the others agree that Only Cool People Matter.
- Exploited: Kamaila hopes someone will forgive her for Poking The Poodle if she's so cool that they will admire her greatness.
- Defied: Alice convinces Kamalia to change her ways.
Mark: Who's that?
Becky: That's Kamaila. She's so cool. I totally root for her each time she kicks that nerdy girl's ass in the girls's bathroom.
Mark: What... what did the nerdy girl do ?
Becky: She wore yellow on St Patrick's Day.
Carola: Yep, the school in here as an interesting case of Blue and Orange Morality going on. It's mostly about that girl though.
- Conversed: "You know, that's why most children in my school thought it was okay to kick me in the back, pull my hair, and tell me I was a Psycho Lesbian. What Measure Is A Non-Cool, indeed ? "
- Deconstructed: Because people hold these values, the show purposedly creates a Woobie and a Decoy Protagonist. Then, they make the fascinating protagonist Bait the Dog.
- Played For Laughs: Everyone is supposed to find it funny, and a Laugh Track is played on it.
- Played For Drama: Kamaila's cruelty causes slight psychological damage to Alice, but when she tries to complain, the students mock her. She can only get justice among people who know that this mentality is wrong.
Back to Only Cool People Matter