Playing With: One of the Kids
: An adult character becomes more childish due to spending time with children.
- Straight: Bob, a teacher, becomes more like his students because he hangs out with them a lot.
- Bob likes to spend time playing with kindergarten kids. He likes to play with glitter.
- Bob becomes a Man Child as the result of his job.
- Downplayed: Bob may act like his students sometimes, but focuses on his job.
- Justified: Bob's job requires him to have some level of interaction with kids.
- 8-year-old Charlie becomes more mature because he hangs out with adults.
- Bob is a full-blown Man Child, and he works so well with kids because he identifies with them.
- Subverted: ???
- Double Subverted: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Bob doesn't spend time with kids.
- Bob's maturity doesn't drop whenever he's around them.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Why is Bob so childish?" "I'm not sure, but maybe it has to do with the kids he spends time with."
- Invoked: Bob is a Man Child who decides to work as a kindergarten teacher, so that his childish behaviour don't seem so off-putting.
- Exploited: ???
- Bob keeps his maturity no matter what.
- Bob quits his job.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to One of the Kids