Playing With: Non-Actor Vehicle
: A celebrity not
known for acting is cast as the lead role in a movie, TV show, or play.
- Straight: Alice, a Teen Idol pop singer, is cast as the lead in a movie.
- Exaggerated: Alice is playing herself.
- Alice is an extra in the film, albeit a very conspicuous one.
- The movie is an indie-film, or something that's to go straight to video, not something people would see at most movie theaters.
- Alice plays a starring role in one particular episode of a series (such as a Victim of the Week in a Crime Time Soap or a Patient of the Week in a Medical Drama).
- A stand-up comedian is cast in a movie; though he gets to make jokes in it, working with other actors and a plot is still a very different way of performing.
- Inverted: Alice is a movie star, but records an album, despite having never sung outside of the shower before.
- Alice is cast not as a lead, but as a minor or supporting character.
- Alice turns down the role because it does not appeal to her, or she does not have the time, or whatever.
- Alice made a sex tape with her boyfriend Bob, but sometime later, they broke up. Bob, still angry from the breakup, leaks the tape to the public.
- Double Subverted:
- Parodied: The record company is also a Hollywood casting agency.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice does not star in any movies.
- Lampshaded: "Just because she can sing doesn't mean she can act!"
- Invoked: Alice's record sales did OK, but she still has a large cash advance to pay back the record company (for use of the recording studio, all the hot male models that featured in her Music Video, etc.), and she is offered a role in a film.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Alice turns down the role, and finds another way to make money.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs:
- Played For Drama: Alice is being exploited, such as by putting her on the Casting Couch and casting her in a porn movie to make for a Hotter and Sexier image.
Back to Non-Actor Vehicle