: Everyone thinks a relationship will fail, but it succeeds.
- Straight: Alice is a flighty Cloudcuckoolander and Bob is a grounded, down-to-earth businessman, but work as a couple anyway.
- Exaggerated: Alice and Bob are Different as Night and Day, but they're a rock-solid couple who are stronger than most others.
- Downplayed: ???
- Opposites Attract
- They actually complement each other fairly well. Alice is a constant inspiration to Bob and reminds him to keep smliing, while Bob has been teaching Alice responsibility.
- Inverted: Alice and Bob are practically made for each other - they're compatible in every single way. However, they crash and burn as a couple.
- Subverted: Alice and Bob are totally different, but they make it work...for a few weeks, then they break up.
- Double Subverted: ...Only to get back together after a Love Realization.
- Parodied: Alice and Bob are always at each others' throats and have more than once come to physical blows with one another. But when they're not fighting, they're having wild, fantastic sex.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Alice and Bob see how incompatible they are and decide to date other people.
- Enforced: "This romantic comedy won't work unless the two leads hate each other!"
- Lampshaded: ???
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Yeah, I could date that Alice chick with whom I have nothing in common...or I could date Claire, whose company I actually enjoy."
- Discussed: "You and Bob can't stand each other? So when is the wedding?"
- Conversed: ???
I'm a trope page and you're an outbound link. Nobody Thinks It Will Work
, but I know our love is true.