Playing With: No Scope
Basic Trope: Firing with a sniper rifle without using the scope.
Back to No Scope
- Straight: Bob the sniper never uses the scope with his sniper rifle.
- Exaggerated: No sniper rifles come with a scope. If they even exist.
- Downplayed: Bob occasionally shows off by sniping without using the scope.
- Bob the sniper doesn't want to get spotted because of the reflection on his scope lenses.
- Bob is so good he wants to give his enemies a fair chance (or he's Cherry Tapping them).
- The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard and so can no-scope easily
- Bob didn't have another weapon available, and he's so close to his target accuracy wasn't a major concern.
- Inverted: Bob puts a scope on a weapon which is so short ranged he wouldn't need the magnification to aim properly.
- Bob takes aim without a scope...then brings his head back up and attaches one before taking aim again.
- Bob doesn't look through a scope...because it's an advanced rifle with a camera and viewing screen he can see from the hip.
- Double Subverted:
- The scope/camera doesn't work.
- Bob's fired at, throwing off his aim and making him fire from the hip.
- Parodied: At the academy (tutorial), a recruit asks where the scopes are. "You want a scope you frikkin' pansy? What kind of lame sniper uses a scope! You moron! No scope!"
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Bob aims, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes his gun doesn't even have a scope.
- Averted: Bob never fires a gun from further than point blank range.
- Enforced: Scopes are removed from the game to nerf the sniper rifles.
"You never use the scopes, do you?""What is this..."scope" you speak of?"
- Invoked: Bob's Arch-Enemy steals his scope to make it harder for him to aim.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "This safety will only disable when using the scope."
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: "I don't like these jerkasses in (Insert FPS here) who no scope you.
- Deconstructed: Bob gets killed by a sniper outside of his effective range... Who was using his scope.
- Reconstructed: Bob can spot enemies that gets close by that way.
Back to No Scope