: An especially cool
- Straight: Lance sports a black fedora that is prominent in both his universe and the fandom.
- Lance's fedora is so cool that it has its own in-universe fan club.
- Lance wears a hat that is so elaborate that it defies the laws of physics.
- Downplayed: Lance's hat isn't half-bad. Maybe he smiles when he puts it on, or the show sometimes uses camera angles that emphasize the hat, or someone compliments him on it; we know it's a cool hat. But it's not all that special.
- Justified: Lance likes to be a Sharp-Dressed Man and fedoras are awesome
- In a cast of Nice Hat-wearing characters, Lance is hatless.
- Lance, while hatless, is known for his distinctive hairstyle in a cast full of hat-wearing characters.
- Lance has a hat, but it's not cool. It's dorky.
- Subverted: Lance appears wearing a black fedora... and then immediately returns it to its original owner.
- Double Subverted: Lance is told he can keep the black fedora, as it looks better on him.
- Lance doesn't even need to fight half the time; his hat can kick major ass.
- Lance's fedora is treated like an in-universe Chuck Norris.
- Zig Zagged: Lance loses his hat, gets it back, and is then squashed by another, unseen trap.
- Lance doesn't wear a hat.
- Lance wears a fairly mundane, replaceable hat.
- Enforced: "Lance is a cool guy, right? Give him a hat."
- Lampshaded: "WHOA! Nice hat!"
- Invoked: Lance buys a fedora, believing that it could turn him into a Badass.
- Exploited: The villain of the piece hires a Cold Sniper to kill anyone wearing a sufficiently nice hat from a distance.
- Defied: Lance refuses to get a Nice Hat, fearing that getting too attached to a hat could lead to his demise in the future.
- Discussed: "Lance's hat is really cool."
- Conversed: "That character has an awesome hat, that's how you know he's Badass."
- Deconstructed: When forced to leave his fedora behind, Lance is in a quandary. He tries to save his hat, but it costs him his life.
- Reconstructed: In an Indy Escape, Lance grabs his hat from the trap just in time, brandishes it on his head, and runs off to the admiration of the fanbase.
Go back to Nice Hat
and bring your Fedora of Asskicking with you.