Playing With: Neutral No Longer
Basic Trope: A neutral character finally chooses a side.
Back to Neutral No Longer
- Good - Ichigo spends the remainder of his time refraining from choosing a side until he finally aligns with Hiro and the other heroes to defeat Emperor Evulz.
- Evil - Ichigo spends the remainder of his time refraining from choosing a side until he chooses to side with Emperor Evulz to oppose the heroes.
- Good - Ichigo dedicates his whole life to neutrality until he officially is the most heroic member of Hiro's team.
- Evil - Ichigo dedicates his whole life in being neutral until he becomes Emperor Evulz' right hand man.
- Both - Ichigo is neutral until one of the sides breaks one of his windows taking a shot at the opposition. Ichigo then devotes his existence to unleashing torture, destruction and Disproportionate Retribution upon the offending party, their loved ones, their little dogs and their respective cities, countries or worlds. This is different from Awakening the Sleeping Giant in that the giant eventually stops.
- Good - Ichigo is uninclined to no side, but even though he chooses to help the heroes, he's Heroic Neutral at best.
- Evil - Ichigo is uninclined to no side, but even though he chooses to help the vilains, he's less of a villain than they are.
- Good - Ichigo saw that the villains has severely crossed the line by destroying his home land.
- Evil - Ichigo thinks that siding with Emperor Evulz was easier and efficient than joining good.
- Inverted: Ichigo was a good (or evil) character until he chooses neutrality.
- Double Subverted:
- Good - But Ichigo returns to the good side because kind-hearted hero Hiro convinced him that being good will be worth it on the long run.
- Evil - But the villains convince him that there are some hot evil women they've met, so he joins their side again.
- Zig Zagged: Ichigo goes from neutral to good then backslides into neutrality, but decides to join evil then backslides into neutrality again...
- Averted: Ichigo remains a neutral character.
- Enforced: "The audience is bored with neutral characters. Let's have him join a side."
- "Guess who's chosen to fight for the greater good and not for himself."
- "Ah! Welcome to the dark side, my new friend!"
- Invoked: The heroes and villains decide to team up to fight against Ichigo until he finally chooses a side.
- Exploited: Whichever side Ichigo chooses uses his decision as propaganda to get other neutrals to join up.
- Defied: "Hah! I'm choosing no one's side. Just my own."
- Discussed: "Ichigo picked a side? I didn't expect that coming from him."
- Conversed: "It's about time the writers made Ichigo choose a side instead of confusing us intelligent fans!"
Back to Neutral No Longer