: As the player of a Video Game
nears victory, the music changes.
- Straight: Hiro and his companions face off against Draco. As they get the upper hand, Draco's dark and threatening theme gives way to a triumphant Boss Remix of Hiro's Leitmotif.
- Every important Boss Battle changes the music in this fashion when the boss in on their last legs.
- Every different action can change the music.
- Downplayed: The music just gets a little faster when the climax is at hand.
- Justified: Everyone in the game uses music as combat method.
- Inverted: As Hiro and the others struggle against Draco's relentless assault, the already foreboding Boss Remix grows even harsher, or perhaps more desperate.
- Subverted: Hiro and the others appear to get the upper hand, and the music changes accordingly — until Draco transforms into a hulking dragon and starts beating them down.
- Double Subverted: Draco transforms and trounces the group... unfortunately for him, this triggers Mana's slumbering powers, which promptly finish him off.
- Parodied: As soon as Draco notices the change on the music, he has a hilarious breakdown because that announces he's fighting a lost battle, so he just throws dignity away and starts running for his life.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes a change in the music signifies defeat of the Boss, sometimes it signifies a power-up of the Boss.
- Averted: The music does not change during the battle.
- Enforced: The game does not utilise health bars so there should be some way to know the opponent's general state.
- Lampshaded: By the sound of this, Draco is almost dead.
- Invoked: The heroes play their theme music to trick the boss into thinking that they are winning.
- Exploited: The heroes step up their efforts when they hear the boss' theme music being replaced by their team music, as they know that he is going to die soon.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Played For Laughs: The player party dances to the music.
- Played For Drama: Draco knows he lost, prompting him to use a self-destruction attack and killing Mana.
Back to Near Victory Fanfare