: A character loves natural surroundings.
- Straight: Arthur gets a house at the edge of the city, where there are trees and fields, goes out into the countryside in his spare time, and for lunch always goes into the park.
- Exaggerated: Beatrice lives in the forest and never comes out; she once was in the city and felt ill after an hour of seeing no plants.
- Downplayed: Constantine sometimes walks in the park during lunch.
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: Donata lives in the city and goes out of her way to avoid the park and anywhere else with growing plants.
- Subverted: Edgar lives in the suburbs and explains later he can't afford to live in closer.
- Double Subverted: Francine laments how she has to live out in the countryside for the expense, but secretly loves it and claims that to avoid being belittled in the office.
- Parodied: Arthur's house resembles a jungle on the inside, complete with stereotypical jungle noises, because he refuses to eliminate any form of nature in his surroundings.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: None of the characters have a preference for natural surroundings.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "There's nothing I love more than a nice walk in the forest."
- Invoked: "The MacGuffin's out at the mountain cottage? Ah, well, a chance to hike through the great outdoors."
- Exploited: The Big Bad gives Marguerite a job out in the countryside, knowing she will jump at it and leave the city open for him.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Nature Lover