Playing With: My Nayme Is
: Characters' names are pronounced normally but have deliberately strange spellings, often with Xtreme Kool Letterz
- Straight: Alice and Bob's names are really spelled Alluce and Bawb.
- Alice and Bob's names are really spelled Aielllllaeiouz and Bouih'lsed'lfhig'09'2f!9jj%xmcnsd
- Alice and Bob's names are really spelled Hhgsddddddv dekbh dkhinrevbfilkjbh dejuinjgbd si;lkn vb and Tnhdebsoluhtg4309 gvhn klv 43[ubyh se -rg ieug, or some other ridiculously long names.
- Alice and Bob's names are really spelled N32 and Fjhza.
- Downplayed: Alice and Bob's names are really spelled Alyce and Bobb.
- Alice and Bob's parents wanted to be creative while naming their kids.
- Alluce and Bawb are in show business, where having a unique name is extremely important.
- Their parents can't spell Bob and Alice.
- Inverted: An unpronounceable name is spelled similarly to a generic name such as "Alice" or "Bob".
- Subverted: Claire spells Alice and Bob's names Elyce and Bub. They correct her...
- Double Subverted: ...by telling her they're spelled Ullyize and Bsab.
- Alice and Bob's names are spelled Bob and Alice, respectively.
- Alice and Bob's names are spelled with characters that seem unpronounceable.
- When naming their children, Alice and Bob's parents randomly mashed a keyboard to get the spellings.
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob's names are spelled Alluce and Bawb. They have two nice sons named Charlie and David. These meet two nice girls: El-N and Flor'nce.
- All characters' names are spelled normally.
- The names are only spoken, so their spellings never come up.
- Some or all characters have fantasy names, so there is no "normal" spelling.
- It's a Nameless Narrative.
- Enforced: "We can't just call them 'Alice' and 'Bob'! There must be millions of copyrighted characters with those names! Let's make their names more wonky-spelled and stuff."
- "Your names are spelled A-L-L-U-C-E and B-A-W-B? The hospital must have been using pretty strong painkillers when you were born, huh?"
- "That's not how you spell our names, but everyone makes that mistake." "Gee. I wonder why."
- Exploited: Trope Co. uses Alluce and Bawb's bizarre naming to brandify "Alluce And Bawb's Baked Bizquits".
- Defied: Alice and Bob's father prevents their mother from naming them Alluce and Bawb minutes after they're born.
- Discussed: "Um, if I can step in for a second, deary, can we spell their names' a bit more... differently? You know, to make them more unique!"
- Conversed: "Doesn't anyone in Hypothetical Sitcom have normal spelled names?
- Plotted A Good Waste: A writer misspells the names and decides to keep the misspellings in.
- Played For Laughs: As a Running Gag, everyone misspells Alluce and Bawb's names as Alyss and Bzjb. For some reason, even total strangers never assume that they are spelled Alice and Bob.
- Played For Drama: Alluce and Bawb's friends are Driven to Suicide because they can never spell the names correctly. Alluce and Bawb suffer from Survivor Guilt.
- Reconstructed: Alluce and Bawb manage to correct the people in time.
- Untwisted: Alice and Bob normally spell their names as Alice and Bob. Claire spells them as Allis and Bbob, and they don't correct her because it turns out that those are the correct spellings.
Back to Mie Naiym Ezh