: Playing violent video games makes a person violent.
- Straight: Bob becomes addicted to an Ultra Super Death Gore Fest Chainsawer 3000 game and becomes more and more violent, culminating with him nearly killing someone.
- Exaggerated: Bob goes on a massive killing spree after playing the game for a few minutes.
- Downplayed: Bob becomes slightly more violent and ends up punching Alice after playing the game for 48 hours nonstop.
- Justified: Bob is highly suggestible, so the game influenced his behavior more than it would for a normal person.
- Bob was already dangerously violent to start with, but he learned to take his anger out on the virtual characters instead of real people.
- Bob was already violent, yet after playing Ultra Super Happy Cute Baby Fest Farmer 3000 for a few hours he becomes a big softy.
- Subverted: Bob kills someone, and the murder is blamed on the Ultra Super Death Gore Fest Chainsawer 3000 game that came out recently. However, a police search of his home reveals Bob owns no violent video games.
- Double Subverted: The police didn't find the game because Bob had lent it to a friend before the murder.
- Parodied: Bob goes on a killing spree after playing a Ultra Super Happy Cute Baby Fest Farmer 3000 game.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The violent game does not affect Bob
- Enforced: The author has a dislike of video games and wishes to share his view.
- Lampshaded: "Could Bob really have become so violent just from playing a game?"
- Invoked: Claire gives Bob a violent video game to Teach Him Anger.
- Exploited: The Big Bad recruits gamers as mooks.
- Defied: Bob takes breaks from playing violent video games to look at pictures of kittens to decompress.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Murder Simulators