Playing With: Multiversal Conqueror
Basic Trope: A villain who wants to take over or destroy The Multiverse.
Back to Multiversal Conqueror
- Master Destruction wants to destroy all alternate universes.
- Master Destruction wants to take over the multiverse.
- Master Destruction breaks the 4th wall and takes over Real Life or even starts conquering other multiverses
- Master Destruction wants to conquer everything, including dimensions that don't count as part of The Multiverse. He conquers different time periods and planes of existence to do so.
- Master Destruction has already accomplished his goal of dominating The Multiverse.
- Downplayed: Master Destruction has been to other dimensions, but conquering them isn't his top priority.
- Master Destruction already rules his home universe, and conquering others is the next step.
- Master Destruction believes that all our decisions didn't matter, because in another Universe our counterpart will do the exact opposite, so the only decision that matters is to destroy the Multiverse.
- Master Destruction finds out that he can drain power from Universe's destruction, so more he destroys, the more powerful he becomes.
- Master Destruction has a god complex, and wants to conquer the multiverse to validate this.
- Master Destruction is a Knight Templar, who feels being ruler of creation itself will ensure peace and stability for everyone.
- Subverted: While it seems Master Destruction wants to destroy the Multiverse, he really does what's necessary to save it.
- Double Subverted: ...Or that's what he wants The Hero to believe.
- Parodied: Master Destruction wants to rid the multiverse of...brussel sprouts
- Zig Zagged: Master Destruction alternates between trying to destroy the multiverse and protect it, due to Blue and Orange Morality.
- Averted: Master Destruction wants to destroy only one Universe and dosen't know or dosen't care about Multiverse.
- Enforced: “We need a epic story. How about heroes teaming up against new villain, Master Destruction, who wants to take over the Multiverse?”
- Lampshaded: “I am Master Destruction! I conquered entire Universes, one after another! And soon there will be no Universe not under my rule!”
- Invoked: “One of my duties as Guardian of the Multiverse is to search for all who wish to conquer it and stop them, before they become a serious threat.”
- Exploited: Master Destruction is a nasty enemy to fight, but the heroes can reliably depend on him to help put down any Omnicidal Maniacs. After all, as they frequently point out, if the Multiverse is destroyed, what's he going to conquer?
- Defied: Alice, who travels through alternate universes, meets Master Destruction before he tries to destroy the multiverse. She then gets him therapy.
- Discussed: “With infinite amount of universes, it was only the matter of time before some nutjob gets an idea to conquer them all.”
- Conversed: “Super Troper Team is my favorite comic- heroes from two worlds join forces to fight Master Destruction, who wants to destroy The Multiverse”
- Master Destruction has a tragic backstory where it's found he's been driven insane by the knowledge of all parallel universes, and the only way to end his suffering is to eliminate them all. He then realizes that in an infinite number of alternate realities, there should be one where he succeeded in destroying the multiverse. The fact that the multiverse is still around proves that he will never destroy the multiverse ever, and so he's Driven to Suicide.
- Master Destruction didn't actually chose this role, but found it as the natural result of becoming addicted to war-he lives in incredible fear of the day he wins, because he'll lose the purpose of his existence.
- He recovers, and decides that maybe this is the reality where he destroys the multiverse.
- No fear, Master Destruction, there will be plenty of uprisings and new Multiversal Conquerors to fight. Perhaps the battles to maintain dominance will be even more thrilling than those to establish it.
Back to Multiversal Conqueror