Playing With: Ms. Fanservice
: A female character whose main purpose is to appeal to male viewers.
- Straight: Alice, who wields the large breasts and shapely legs, is almost always seen wearing sexy clothing.
- Alice is one Shirtless Scene away from turning the entire franchise into porn.
- Every woman in the series is heavily sexualized.
- Downplayed: Despite being an obviously attractive woman, Alice is only ever shown wearing baggy coveralls and similar clothing which cannot be easily sexualized.
- Alice was bio-engineered to appeal to the sexual tastes of all the men around her.
- Alice is either a lingerie model, performance artist, go-go dancer, nudity body double, stripper, porn actress, or prostitute.
- Alice is a nudist.
- Gender Inverted: Mr. Fanservice.
- Everybody is describing Alice as the sexiest thing alive, but when we see her, she's only average-looking.
- Alice does have a very hot body, but rarely ever wears anything revealing.
- Double Subverted: ...turns out that they confused Alice with her beautician. The real Alice walks in the room and she's absolutely stunning.
- Parodied: Alice is a Humanoid Alien or Rubber Forehead Alien who frequently reveals or nearly reveals, and/or wears clothing showcasing... her tail, antennae, or other supposedly sexual bodypart. Other characters may treat it as really hot, taboo, or both.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Alice provides a lot of fanservice for the viewers, sometimes she doesn't.
- Averted: Alice provides no outright fanservice for the viewers. It's only the fanboys who're looking for something that claims to see something.
- Enforced: "C'mon, what's an anime without a buxom chick?"
- Invoked: Alice says, "Hey, I'm the hot chick here, I'm supposed to do this."
- Exploited: Alice utilizes het hot bod to distract the pervy Big Bad so her teammates can progress their plans forward.
- Defied: "Oh no, I am NOT dressing like a stripper for you sick, sick people!"
- Discussed: "If this was all fiction, Alice would be Ms. Fanservice."
- Conversed: "Have you guys ever noticed that Alice is always wearing nothing but lingerie in public places?"
- Deconstructed: Alice eventually gets sick of all the men hitting on her, so she starts covering up more skin and lashes out at every man who so much at ogles at her. This eventually leads to her not finding a true soulmate and she goes into depression.
- Bob comes along and shows her that not all men are sexist pigs, which gets Alice out of her funk.
- Alice embraces her sex appeal and uses it to her own ends, benevolent or not.
- Played for Drama:
- Even though Alice, a shapely young woman, always wears a sexy outfit which reveals and enhances much of her figure, she's forced to wear it by her sexist father Charlie, who unfairly wants her to show-off her body. It is a constant source of angst for Alice, partly because of her constant body issues, but mostly because she hates being sexualized. She lives in constant fear of sexual harassment, which actually does happen a lot due to the heavy temptations. Eventually, she starts wearing more conservative clothing, against what Bob tells her to wear, and lashes out at every man who ogles at her.
- Alice is immensely attractive and has a great body. However, her personality is harsh, aloof, and...just a bit odd making it difficult for many men to take the chance to flirt with her.
Back to Ms. Fanservice