Playing With: Mooning
Basic Trope: A character exposes his (or more rarely her) buttocks, often as a show of contempt or as a joke.
Back to Mooning
- Straight: Bob exposes his buttocks in front of a large crowd.
- Bob exposes his buttocks and becomes an international sensation thanks to the Internet.
- Several characters participate in a "mass mooning."
- Bob disagrees with the victim(s) of his mooning, and does this to show contempt for them or their viewpoint.
- Bob is trying to be funny.
- Bob is trying to show off his assets.
- Bob takes off his shirt.
- Bob puts pants on.
- Bob is in an argument or fight with Charles, and remembers his pastor telling him about Turn the Other Cheek.
- Bob didn't do it on purpose; he was wearing a kilt on a windy day.
- Double Subverted:
- Bob takes it a bit too literally and ends up presenting his...rebuttal.
- Bob later get into an argument with Alice, quotes the above line...and is mooned by her instead.
- Zig Zagged: Bob moons Dave,Sam and kate, was about to moon Alice but is mooned by her first, and thinks about mooning C'thulhu but quickly thinks better of it.
- Averted: Bob does not expose his buttocks.
- Enforced: Rule of Funny
- "Here's the biggest moon of Uranus!
- "I'd like to present my rebuttal" —> cue the sound of trousers dropping
- "I'm not mooning! I'm turning the other cheek!"
- Invoked: Bob is in a Cavemen Versus Astronauts Debate
- Exploited: One of the people Bob is mooning, or a friend who's sick of his shenanigans, applies a Literal Ass Kicking.
- Defied: Someone challenges Bob to pull this stunt, but he sternly refuses because it'd be crude and tasteless according to his personal standards.
- Discussed: "I still can't believe Bob mooned The Pope!"
- Conversed: "Can't Bob think of any other, more mature and intelligent way of expressing himself?!"
- Implied: We don't see the butt of the joke, but we do hear Bob unzipping his pants, as well as seeing Dave's reaction and a few frames of him pulling his pants back up.
Back to Mooning