Playing With: Monster Town
Basic Trope: A town run by monsters.
Back to Monster Town
- Straight: The heroine Alice visits the town of Monstoria, and discovers the Dazorians she'd been killing for all these years actually have their own rich culture.
- Dazorians and other races of monsters coexist in Monstoria.
- There is an entire world of Dazorians.
- Monstoria consists both of humans and monsters living in relative peace.
- There is a neighborhood of monsters in a city populated mainly by humans.
- Justified: The Dazorians that attacked Alice were Always Chaotic Evil while the ones living in the town are much tamer.
- Inverted: In a planet run and governed by monsters, there's a town of humans living in secret underground. Alice, a young Dazorian, stumbles upon this hidden outpost.
- Subverted: The town seems to be controlled entirely of monsters, but they just take off their masks to reveal that they were having a Halloween party where everyone in town dressed up as the dreaded Dazorians.
- Double Subverted:...until Alice leaves and they take off their masks again, to reveal that they were Dazorians all along.
- Parodied: The Dazonians are trying to act like the civilized humans, but they're all bloodthirsty Always Chaotic Evil monsters, so it doesn't work very well in hilarious ways.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: There is no monster town.
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I thought you guys were all bloody and murderous. Who knew you'd turn out to be so civilized?"
- Invoked: A group of monsters decides to build a town.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The monsters do not build a town, because they know that they can't become civilized no matter how much they may act like it.
- Discussed: "No, we don't live in some kind of monster town. Hello? We're bloodthirsty murderers!"
- Conversed: "So she's killing them one minute and hanging out in their town the next?"
- Deconstructed: The monsters had to deal with years of being slaughtered by the humans solely because of their appearance. They treat Alice with as much hostility as they would any other human.
- Reconstructed: But then Alice arranges a meeting to let Dazorians travel anywhere they want and all is forgiven.
- Played For Laughs: The monsters threaten Alice, and she knows that they are joking.
- Played For Drama: The monsters are not quite as civilized as they appear, and kill Alice when she lets her guard down.
Back to Monster Town