: Loads of different kinds of monsters (vampires, werewolves, ghosts, etc.) all live and interact in the same general area.
- Straight: Dracula, Wolfman, and Frankenstein's monster all live in the same city.
- Exaggerated: Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein's monster, swamp thing, mummies, aliens, ogres, goblins, gremlins, zombies, demons, witches, trolls, ghosts and a giant spider all live in the same apartment building.
- Downplayed: Dracula passes by the Wolfman on his way into town.
- Justified: They live in a Monster Town.
- Inverted: Dracula's the only monster in the city.
- Subverted: Dracula, Wolfman and Frankenstein's monster all live in the city... but they're actually guys in costume, filming a movie.
- Double Subverted: ...but it turns out they're actually an alien, a demon and a ghost all pretending to be human so they can be in show business.
- Parodied: A normal man goes to the office building where he works. His co-workers are all different types of monsters, but he doesn't bat an eye. He acts as if the vampire co-worker attempting to bite his neck and the other actions of the monsters were normal mundane behaviors.
- Zig Zagged: Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman all turn out to be actors in costume. Shortly after filming the movie, the actors playing Dracula and the Wolfman are bitten by a vampire and a werewolf respectively and change into a vampire and a werewolf respectively. In addition, the actor playing Frankenstein gets killed in an accident and resurrected by a mad scientist who stitches him back together. Then the three monsters are killed by a trio of monster hunters. The monster hunters turn out to be a self-hating monster trio composed of a ghost, a swamp monster, and a mummy.
- Averted: Either monsters do not exist, or only one kind is ever seen onscreen at one time.
- Enforced: "Dracula, Frankenstein, the Wolfman, and all those guys were pretty awesome monsters. It would be pretty neat to do a story where they all team up against a greater threat."
- Lampshaded: "Dracula, Wolfman, AND Frankenstein's monster? This city's turning into a bad B-Movie crossover!"
- Invoked: A Mad Scientist/Evil Sorcerer creates all these monsters to help him take over the city.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: All monsters refuse to associate with monsters that are not their own kind.
- Discussed: "Look out, Dracula and Wolfman are in the city!"
- Conversed: ???
Back to Monster Mash