: Someone poses as a rich person, usually with accompanying over-the-top behavior.
- Straight: Bob pretends to be a millionaire, then plays the role with overly ostentatious displays of wealth.
- Exaggerated: Bob pretends to be the King of the World.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: Bob has to pretend to be Alice's millionaire boyfriend to help her avoid embarrassment.
- Inverted: King Incognito.
- Subverted: Bob pretends to be a millionaire who's living within modest means.
- Double Subverted: Bob pretends to be a millionaire who's living within modest means... except for the 200-foot limousine, the gold-plated backscratcher, the 20-room mansion...
- Bob has to pretend to be the manager at a fast-food restaurant, then shows up in a tuxedo and stretch limousine.
- The Reveal was the Bob wasn't a Millionaire. He was a Billionaire all along.
- Zig Zagged: Bob pretends to be a millionaire pretending to be a normal person pretending to be a millionaire, etc. as the situation requires.
- Averted: Bob seems overly self conscious about his wealth and makes an over-the-top show of Conspicuous Consumption, but actually is a millionaire.
- Enforced: The producers don't think audiences will be able to relate to an an actual member of the upper class, but want to use all the Scenery Porn and Costume Porn an ostentatious show of wealth creates.
- Lampshaded: "Bob's flaunting his wealth so much, I wonder if he's really rich at all."
- Invoked: Bob is recruited as part of The Con because of his penchant for flamboyant behavior.
- Exploited: Bob's brother Dave played alongso that he will be treated highly too.
- Defied: Alice chooses someone else to play the millionaire in The Con because she needs Bob's safecracking skills instead.
- Discussed: "Are you sure Bob is really that wealthy? He seems awfully insecure about the whole thing."
- Conversed: "Can't the characters tell he's obviously faking? No actual rich person would act this over the top."
- Deconstructed: Bob pretends to be rich with overly ostentatious displays of wealth, then loses his friends and family from his obnoxious behavior.
- Reconstructed: He gets the hint, and becomes a faux-Uncle Pennybags.
My solid gold limo's in the shop, so you can take this link back to Mock Millionaire