: The character misses the bus.
- Straight: Bob misses his bus to school.
- Exaggerated: Bob desperately runs for the bus, but misses it anyways.
- Downplayed: Bob misses his regular bus, hangs around for the next one due five minutes later, and arrives a bit late.
- Justified: Bob slept in.
- Inverted: Bob waits for the bus, but gets tired of it and leaves the stop. Cue the bus coming.
- Subverted: Bob runs for the bus, sees it starting to move, but then driver Charly notices Bob and stops to let him in.
- Double Subverted: Charly's just mocking Bob and slams the door into his face.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: The bus doesn't come at all.
- Enforced: "I need a reason for bob to be late. Hey, what about him missing the bus?"
- Lampshaded: "I'll miss the bus. For sure."
- Invoked: Bob doesn't want to go to school and walks deliberately slow, so he'll miss the bus.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob gets up extra early so that he doesn't miss the bus.
- Discussed: "Why does Bob always miss his bus?" "No idea. Meanwhile he should the time it arrives."
- Conversed: ???
Back to Missed The Bus
... Oh wait, the bus there is already leaving! Damn.