Playing With: Misogyny Song
Basic Trope: A negative song about women.
Back to Misogyny Song
- Straight: Bob writes a song about how All Women Are Lustful.
- Every song Bob writes is like this.
- The song is particularly dark.
- It's not only Bob's musical persona, but Bob himself that holds this ideology.
- Downplayed: An angry breakup song about Bob's ex-wife has sexist stereotypes in it, but is still mostly about a specific person.
- Inverted: Bob writes a song in praise of women.
- Gender Inverted: Alice writes a song about how men suck.
- Subverted: The song is about a specific woman in Bob's life, such as his horrible ex, his overbearing mom, his unrequited love interest, etc., not women in general.
- Double Subverted: The song goes on to say how much Bob is looking for a girl who'll prove that not all girls are the same, or uses a lot of misogynistic terms or Slut Shaming.
- Parodied: The song is about how women smell funny.
- Zig Zagged: The lyrics are very cryptic and interpretations vary from person to person. Also, in some of Bob's interviews he says it is a sexist song, and in others he denies it.
- Bob doesn't write any sexist songs.
- Bob isn't a musician.
- None of Bob's music has any lyrics of any kind; they're all instrumentals.
- Bob is being satirical and trying to make a point about the view of women
- Bob is just sexist.
- Lampshaded: "Warning: this next song may offend some people of the female gender."
- Invoked: Bob's 5-year relationship with Alice ends on a sour note when he catches her in bed with Charles. Crappy relationships tend to be a pattern for Bob.
- Exploited: Bob makes the song to ride the No Such Thing as Bad Publicity wave.
- Defied: Bob knows that not all women are "bitches and hoes," even if Alice and/or other women he's dated happen to be. If he does write a Breakup Song, it uses no sexist terms (Bob doesn't want hate mail from angry Straw Feminist, and is directed specifically at Alice, not the female gender as a whole.
- Discussed: "Well, that song's totally not sexist."
- Conversed: "Why do we have so many songs talking about why women suck? It's offensive!" "Plenty of songs speak poorly of men, so I guess it's only fair to avoid a Double Standard."
- Deconstructed: Bob gains the hate of women everywhere.
- Reconstructed: Bob couldn't care less.
- Played For Drama: The song describes rape and Domestic Abuse from a Crazy Jealous Guy.
Back to Misogyny Song