: Two of the same character fight each other. May or may not have ties to the story.
- Straight: Two identical Alices exist for some reason. They fight.
- Exaggerated: It's very common to see fights breaking out between the exact same person.
- Downplayed: Alice faces another trainee using her moves, and they look pretty similar but it's clear this other girl has a life of her own.
- Justified: One of the Alices is her Evil Twin from the Mirror Universe.
- Inverted: Screw Yourself.
- Subverted: One Alice turns out to actually be Carol wearing an Alice mask.
- Double Subverted: So does the other.
- Parodied: Alice beats up somebody wearing a Paper Thin Alice disguise. They do a Fearful Symmetry anyway.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- The two Alices get along quite well.
- Or Alice fights against a completely different person that has no significant similarity to herself.
- Enforced: "People like to use their character for a fighting game, let's just make them able to do that."
- Lampshaded: "Seems there's a clone of Alice running around. Bet you ten bucks they get into a fight."
- Invoked: "Hey Alice, I made a clone with your moves."
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: When Alice finds out they're making a clone of her with all her fighting abilities, she decides to kill her before they finish her development.
- Discussed: "I can't help but wonder why it's like fighting yourself in these games, I mean, it's a bit unnerving."
- Conversed: "Man, Alice is so broken, it's common to see her fight herself."
- Deconstructed: The two Alices get into a Fearful Symmetry match, ending in a Double Knockout. Repeatedly.
- Reconstructed: One Alice catches on after the second or so round, and makes a backwards move that causes the other Alice to stumble over a curb that wasn't present on the first Alice's side. With the symmetry broken, the match proceeds.
Back to the other version of this trope
. They'll do battle later.