: A character dumps a love interest over something minor.
- Straight: Bob goes on a couple of dates with Alice when he learns her hands are rough and manlike. This is all the motivation he needs to dump her.
- Exaggerated: Bob dumps Alice after one date because she has asymmetrical eyebrows.
- Bob dumps Alice because she keeps talking about her ex and he doesn't like the way she kisses.
- Bob doesn't dump her because of her minor flaw, but he keeps their relationship casual and has no interest in moving in with her, because of said flaw.
- Justified: Bob is incredibly petty and shallow.
- Subverted: Bob eventually gets over Alice's minor flaw. However, he has a minor flaw of his own and when Alice finds out, she dumps him immediately.
- Double Subverted: That's not really why she was dumping him, though. He had a much larger flaw of which he was unaware, such as the fact that he's so shallow he'll automatically dump people for trivial reasons.
- Parodied: Bob realizes Alice has a number of flaws, but treats the most minor one like it's the biggest deal.
- Zig Zagged: Bob dumps a girl because she has a minor flaw, but then gets over the flaw. It turns out that she actually has a bunch of major problems he didn't notice because he was focusing on the minor flaw, but they work through them. However, she ends up dumping him over one of his minor flaws. Whew.
- Averted: Bob doesn't dump her over the flaw.
- Enforced: "We need to show that Bob is petty and shallow. How can we do that? ...He dumps her over her mannish hands? Brilliant!"
- Lampshaded: "And the worst part? She had man hands!"
- Invoked: Before he goes on the date, Bob says that he hopes she doesn't have rough hands.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Bob decides that he'll deal with the minor flaw and that he can love her anyway.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- Deconstructed: Bob is never able to find happiness because he's so picky.
- Reconstructed: Bob finds someone who loves him because he's so picky, having been so thorough in his screening process.
Ugh, you're a Troper?! We're done! Don't even dare to follow me to Minor Flaw, Major Breakup