: A character puts his/her hands up to show emotion.
- Straight: Bob puts his hands up when he talks about himself.
- Exaggerated: In every sentence he says, Bob raises his hands up and never puts them down.
- Downplayed: Bob moves a finger or two only
- Justified: Bob is full of emotional energy justified by the situation, and the hand motions are for the purpose of expending his excess energy.
- Inverted: Bob never moves his hands which are rigidly in one place
- Subverted: It turns out he just needs to grab a few things while talking
- Double Subverted: But then he makes the motions after getting what he needs with them
- Parodied: Bob keeps needing to grab things on high shelfs the whole time he's talking, so he keeps raising and lowering his arm while the pile of stuff on the table grows ever higher.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Bob doesn't move his hands excessively
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "Must everytime he makes a speech be this gesture heavy?"
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Milking the Giant Cow