: The character is mean and nasty, but the actor behind that character is not.
- Straight: Evil Elliott is played by an actor that happily chats with fans and loves playing in the backyard with his kids.
- Exaggerated: Evil Elliott is a Complete Monster, but the actor that plays him is so nice it's almost scary.
- Downplayed: Evil Elliott is a Jerk Ass, but his actor enjoys chatting with fans and spending time with his family.
- Justified: There's a difference between on-set and real life; just because a character is mean doesn't mean the actor is.
- Inverted: Nice Character, Mean Actor
- Evil Elliott is played by an actor who is not mean, but also not very sociable.
- Evil Elliott's actor seems nice enough... but when he makes a convention appearance, a vicious side to him comes out.
- Double Subverted:
- But when that actor is with his family and/or close friends, he's very nice.
- ...Because he's hamming it up for the fans, who love watching him be a bad guy.
- Parodied: Evil Elliott rapes the Love Interest to The Hero and brags about it, but off the set, the actor apologizes to her and buys her a nice dinner.
- Zig Zagged:
- Sometimes the actor in question is nice, sometimes he's mean.
- The actor in question is always a good person in real life, but he takes roles ranging from The Cape to Complete Monster.
- Evil Elliott is a cartoon character from a silent cartoon.
- Evil Elliott is played by an actor who is a complete Jerk Ass.
- Enforced: The director wanted the betrayal of Elliot to be extra-shocking so he cast an actor who was not only typecast for pacifists but also an incredibly nice philanthropist.
- Lampshaded: "He may be a villain on the set, but when the cameras are off, he's the nicest person I've ever met!"
- Invoked: Hoping to shake his image as a jerk, Elliott's actor starts being extra-nice off the set.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: In order to maintain Evil Elliott's Big Bad image, the actor becomes a complete jerk.
- Discussed: "In real life, Bob would never act like Evil Elliott. He's just too nice."
- Conversed: "It's really unnerving, seeing Bob change from a really nice guy to the monstrous Evil Elliott when he is being filmed. He does do the part well though."
- Deconstructed: Elliott's actor finds himself typecast into evil roles, and avoided by fans, who think he's really that bad in real life.
- Reconstructed: Evil Elliott is one of the most popular chatacters in the show (The Villain Makes the Plot and Evil Is Cool, after all), and his true nature shines through at conventions, where fans get to know and love the actor.
Back to Mean Character, Nice Actor