: Inflating the monster to an enormous size.
- Straight: Darksaur turns Dragonsaur giant-sized with a magic staff.
- Darksaur makes an army of Dragonsauri giant-sized.
- Darksaur turns Dragonsaur planet-sized with a magic staff.
- Darksaur turns a miniature Dragonsaur normal-sized.
- Darksaur turns Darksaur bigger, but slightly bigger than most normal-sized.
- Justified: Darksaur wants to inspire terror and awe in his enemies and enjoys the spectacle of defeating his enemies with giant monsters.
- Who needs monsters? By using the staff, Darksaur turns HIMSELF gigantic.
- Darksaur shrinks the protagonists, thus making him and Dragonsaur giants from their perspective, anyway.
- Or the monster shrinks instead, becoming more dense and thus stronger.
- Or Darksaur turns the protagonists into giants, making them bigger targets for Dragonsaur.
- Subverted: The staff does not make the monster bigger. But it makes for a useful distraction or attack to help the monster win anyway.
- Double Subverted: Darksaur meant to attack the heroes, but accidentally made the monster gigantic. He takes credit anyway.
- Parodied: The monster becomes gigantic! ...but is unable to move because the skeletal structure is unable to support the vastly increased body mass.
- Zig Zagged: The monster becomes gigantic! ...but is unable to move because the skeletal structure is unable to support the vastly increased body mass... Allowing Darksaur to use a necromancy spell to reanimate a Zombie Dragonsaur, and make it even bigger!
- Averted: The monster remains its normal size.
- Enforced: "People love giant monsters. Make sure to put some giant monster scenes in!"
- Lampshaded: "Well it could have been worse: Could have been bigge- OH GODDAMNIT!"
- Invoked: "With this enlarged Dragonsaur, this pathetic country will be mine to keep!"
- Defied: The heroes know about the bad guy's magical monster-enlarging spells, and the first thing they do in the battle is wrap magical chains around the monster to prevent it from growing.
- Discussed: "Bet that monster is going to turn giant." "I don't take a sucker bet."
- Conversed: "Sentai shows always have monster-enlarging scenes, and we fans don't mind that."
- The giant monster causes mass destruction in the city. Darksaur is jailed, and forced to pay out of his own pocket to repair all the buildings that were destroyed.
- Having more mass greatly increases the amount of energy Dragonsaur needs just to stand up.
- Reconstructed: ...but he escapes from jail by making a new giant monster, and takes over the city!
Run to "Make My Monster Grow
!" or my giant Tropebot will conquer the website! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!