Playing With: Made of Evil
: A character (usually a villain) is a manifestation of evil.
- Straight: Being the avatar of Evil, Jason gains strength whenever someone is murdered, meaning every enemy the heroes defeat (or he himself kills) only makes him stronger.
- Exaggerated: Jason is the Anthropomorphic Personification of all the sadism, corruption, greed and evil mankind has.
- Downplayed: His nature as an embodiment of elemental Evil is only hinted at; Jason only allegorically represents Evil in the story.
- The setting has emotions and good and evil as tangible, quasi sentient forces; Jason just happens to be the one for Evil.
- Jason isn't actually pure evil, but rather a manifestation of things associated with it like killing, greed, and theft. It just happens that evil is the easiest thing to call him despite not being 100% accurate.
- Subverted: Despite being Made Of Evil, Jason is actually friendly and pleasant. Since Opposites Attract he's actually attracted a whole lot of positive energy.
- Double Subverted: ... and he uses it to power his Love-Beam, an attack that depletes the universe's Love.
- Jason is so evil that Halliburton has built an oil rig on his back to extract the fossilized, inky black ichor he's made up of.
- Jason embodies all of the Seven Deadly Sins... at once! He's so busy being sinful he can barely get anything done.
- Zig Zagged: Jason is composed of pure negative energy! Except that means he's made of electrons. Evil electrons.
- Averted: He's a just a regular villain who has a few villainous traits.
- Enforced: Everyone in the story represents a fundamental cosmic force. Even Muggles are made of equal parts Platonic Elements like Fire, Earth, Water and Air, as well as moral ones like Good and Evil.
- Lampshaded: "Why did you do it Jason? You Could Have Used Your Powers for Good!" "Oh yeah, because being made of the primordial forces of Evil just lends itself to heroism."
- Invoked: To become a stronger villain, Jason tries to infuse himself with Pure Dark energy.
- Exploited: Cassandra knows Good Hurts Evil and Revive Kills Zombie, so she packs a Holy Hand Grenade and Healing Potions to weaken him.
- Defied: Jason knows he's likely to transform into pure Evil because of his actions, and takes pains to stay at least True Neutral... by draining the good Karma from innocent children to counter his evil taint. Sure, he's past the Moral Event Horizon, but at least he's not Made Of Evil!
- Discussed: "Since Jason is Made of Evil, we can probably confuse him by showing him mercy since Evil Can Not Comprehend Good."
- Conversed: "Wow, why is it some shows just hit us over the head with impossibly evil villains?"
- Deconstructed: Anyone who is sufficiently evil suffers from Evil Makes You Monstrous, to the point that no one but the truly insane or sociopathic dares to do evil deeds for fear of losing themselves.
- Reconstructed: Jason is actually necessary to maintain the Balance Between Good and Evil. He doesn't wan't to be Evil, and actually took up the mantle after beating his much worse predecessor.
- Played For Laughs: Jason is Made of Evil, but can't manage more than to Poke the Poodle, becoming an Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain.
- Played For Drama: Being a Well-Intentioned Extremist who believes Utopia Justifies the Means, Jason reluctantly accepts that to save the world he must become a being of pure Evil.
Yes, go back to Made of Evil
... Ut's the first step in your apotheosis!