: The character announces themselves to their opponents so they know who is about to pound them.
- Straight: Bob introduces himself and kicks the villain's ass.
- Exaggerated: "My name is Robert Winston Arthur Willam Strawman-Williamson, PhD. I was born on 10th of January, 31337 to George Patrick Strawman and Alice Elizabeth Axebanger-Williamson. I graduated from..."
- Downplayed: Bob shouts his name as he leaps in for the kill.
- Bob introduces himself, but then the villain reveals that his death will trigger the Doomsday Device.
- Alternatively: Bob uses a false name.
- Double Subverted:
- The Doomsday Device is disarmed and Bob proceeds to kick the villain's ass.
- The villain guesses that the name was false, and Bob admits his true name to the villain in an equally triumphant manner.
- Parodied: Bob opens his autobiography and starts reading it to the villain. The villain listens patiently.
- Zig Zagged: Bob only introduces himself to some of the villains, but not the others.
- Bob doesn't bother to introduce himself.
- Or the villain knows Bob's name already.
- Enforced: "You know, we need something really awesome to start the final battle. How about we have the main character tell the villain who he is?"
- Lampshaded: "As if hadn't known your name..."
- Invoked: The villain asks Bob who he is.
- Exploited: The villain plans to just shoots Bob while Bob is introducing himself.
- "You don't have to introduce yourself, Bob."
- Bob refuses to tell the bad guy who he is.
- Discussed: "These heroic types always announce themselves, the glory hounds..."
- Conversed: "Watch, Bob's gonna announce himself to the villain now...yup, there he goes."
- Deconstructed: The villain shoots Bob before he gets to pronounce his name.
- Bob shouts his name during a Dynamic Entry, and gets the drop on the villain despite taking the time to announce himself.
- Alternately: Bob shouts his name while he's kicking the villain's ass
Hello. My Name Is Inigo Montoya
. You are a Troper. Prepare to go back to the main trope.