Playing With: Luckily My Powers Will Protect Me
: A character explains his/her powers, while using them, to no-one in particular for the benefit of the audience.
- Straight: Amazing Girl mentions to herself how her superpowers will help her whenever she uses them, such as when she is lifting an oil tanker.
- Exaggerated: She goes into an in-depth expiation of the fictional physics behind her powers at a drop of a hat, such as to explain where the chalkboard came from.
- Downplayed: Amazing Girl thinks to herself "Glad Iím invincible" when sheís hit by a particularly devastating attack.
- The viewers are never quite told, what, exactly, Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism manís powers are.
- Emperor Evilz gloats to Amazing Girl how her power will NOT protect her when he unleashes his Wave Motion Gun.
- Subverted: Amazing girl never explains her powers outright, and certainly not while using themÖ
- Double Subverted: ...because itís in the narration box.
- "Luckily my larynx can make noises to tell you this!"
- Amazing Girlís explanations are constantly interrupted by the Quirky Miniboss Squad yelling increasingly unlikely ideas about what powers she actually has.
- Zig Zagged: Sometimes Amazing Girl explains, sometimes she doesnít, some times she explains powers she doesnít actually have.
- Averted: Her powers are explained once in the first episode and are never talked about again.
- Enforced: Viewers Are Goldfish. Also, to let new readers know.
- Lampshaded: "Have I told you about my powers? I donít think I have told you about my powers."
- Invoked: Among his many varied powers, Mr. Exposition can force superbeings to explain the powers they use.
- Exploited: Evilz manages to find Amazing Girl's weakness when she explains how her power will protect her.
- Defied: Emperor Evilz goes to insane lengths to hide his powers, so that no-one can abuse his weaknesses: to the point of hiding them even from the fourth wall.
- Discussed: "Why do you always do that, A.G?" "ÖI like to hear myself talk. I'm lonely..."
- Conversed: "Yes, super-strength, WE GET IT ALREADY!"
- Deconstructed: Amazing Girl is Killed Mid-Sentence.
- Plotted A Good Waste: Amazing Girl talks about her powers ever time to remind herself how they are slowly killing her.
- Played For Laughs: "Wait, I missed that, what can you do again?"
Luckily this link will guide you back to Luckily My Powers Will Protect Me