: Two characters are in love with the same person, who has to choose between them.
- Straight: Bob is torn between two potential love interests, Alice and Charlotte.
- Downplayed: Alice and Bob are a canon couple, but most fanfics pair Bob with Charlotte anyway.
- Justified: Bob has always been a bit on the indecisive side, and Alice and Charlotte both have wildly different traits he likes in a girl.
- Inverted: Alice and Charlotte both hate Bob, who has to choose who gets to be his Arch-Enemy.
- Double Subverted:
- Zig Zagged: Alice and Bob are happily together. Suddenly, Amber comes back to town and reminds him of their promise to get together when their older. Bob also realizes how She Is All Grown Up and decides to give her another chance, kicking Alice to the curb and crushing their relationship.
- Enforced: "We can't have Alice and Bob get together too easily, we need some drama. How about another girl who likes Bob?"
- Lampshaded: Alice: "Things were going so well with Bob. I was sure he was interested in me. So I guess I should have expected some new girl to appear out of nowhere and capture his attention..."
- Invoked: Bob likes having two women after him, so he leads both of them on.
- Exploited: Danielle sees that Bob is indecisive, and becomes his Third-Option Love Interest.
- Discussed: Bob: "You'd expect a hero like myself to be in a Love Triangle, right? Well, I'm lucky enough to only love Alice."
- Conversed: "Is Bob ever gonna make his mind up? Alice is obviously the correct choice!"
- Implied: Bob is shown flirting with both Alice and Charlotte, but never with the other female characters.
- Played For Laughs: Bob and Alice are Happily Married, but that doesn't stop Charlotte from pining for him.
- Played For Drama: Alice and Charlotte kill each other in a Murder-Suicide, and Bob is Driven to Suicide over this. With The Hero out of the picture, The Bad Guy Wins.
- Deconstructed: Once they realise how fickle and indecisive Bob is, Alice and Charlotte both lose interest in him.
- Reconstructed: Bob finds two new love interests who don't care that he's indecisive.
See, I met this other Troper, but I still like you as well!