Playing With: Lovable Alpha Bitch
Basic Trope: A character (almost Always Female) who has some very Alpha Bitchy traits, but turns out to be a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
Back to Lovable Alpha Bitch
- Straight: Belle is spoiled, manipulative, gorgeous, popular, and even a bit nasty towards Alice and Carly, our heroes. Once Alice and Carly get to know her, however, they find that she's really not so bad, even kind of nice.
- Exaggerated: Belle's a flat out Alpha Bitch...but yet she spends most of her free time at places like charities and nursing homes.
- Downplayed: Belle is really nice most of the times, but is not without her follies which she will eventually be brought down to earth.
- Belle's not the smartest girl in the world, so her beauty and wealth easily go to her head. However, her parents did bring her up right, teaching her to be nice to people.
- She's a former bullying victim who ascended to Alpha Bitch status. She hasn't forgotten the pain she suffered through and is resolved not to make other students suffer through the same thing.
- Belle does have a nasty personality, but she really does care about others and tries her best to be supportive.
- Inverted: Belle is dirt-poor, and everyone assumes that she's nice. She's not.
- Subverted: Belle's your typical Queen Bee, and she decides to run for student body president of Troperville High School. She takes into consideration that more people will probably vote for her if she's nice to them, so she decides to do that, but only for the sake of her campaign, as she plans on going back to her normally bitchy behavior once the election's over (whether or not she actually wins).
- Double Subverted: However, while she's campaigning, Belle realizes that people genuinely like her more when she's nice to them, so she decides to become nice to people for real.
- Parodied: ???
- Zig Zagged: Belle isn't so bad once you get to know her...but that was all an act...but she becomes nice for real...though she has a tendency to sink back into her old habits...until Alice points this out, at which she shapes up.
- Belle is an Alpha Bitch, and not even a little bit nice.
- Belle is nice, never a mean girl.
- Enforced: "Hmm...Belle needs some Character Development".
- Lampshaded: "Wow, who knew that she can be so sweet when she wants to?"
- Invoked: Belle realizes that she doesn't have very many real friends, and notices that Alice and Claire have lots of friends. She also notices that they're nice to everyone. Belle, wanting to have friends too, copies their behavior.
- Exploited: ???
- Belle refuses to even pretend to be nice.
- She makes sure that she's never even remotely nasty.
Carly: Hey, remember when Belle used to be mean to us?
Alice: Yeah... With the way she acts now, you'd never guess that she used to be such a brat.
"I like Belle's Character Development in this show".
"It's always cool to see a mean girl be not so bad after all".
- Deconstructed: Belle's an Alpha Bitch who decides to be nicer to people, but because of her previously Alpha Bitchy behavior, people have a hard time trusting her and she finds it difficult to make friends.
- Reconstructed: Alice and Carly, seeing Belle sitting alone at lunch, are reminded of how bad it made them feel and decide to join her. Once they get to know her, they realize that she really has changed.
Back to Lovable Alpha Bitch