: A character is hanging off a cliff's edge or otherwise over a long drop.
- Straight: Billy, The Bully, hangs Helen in a flagpole as revenge for spilling chocolate on him.
- Exaggerated: Helen, clinging by a mere pinky finger, hangs over the edge of the Grand Canyon.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The area they live is known for falling accidents, making her death easy to look like an accident.
- Inverted: Billy decides to have Helen Buried Alive.
- Subverted: Bob decides not to leave Helen on a flagpole and prepares to leave her Chained to a Railway.
- Double Subverted: Realizing a public demise would be better (and the 3:15 train doesn't arrive until 4:00), Bob takes her back and leaves her hanging.
- Parodied: Helen clings to dear life over a drop of 10 centimetres.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: Can't... Hold... On... Much... LONGER!!!
- Invoked: After Billy pushes Helen over the cliff, Bob shouts out to her "Try to catch something!"
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Literal Cliffhanger
. Quick, before my arms tire out!