: Something seems disturbing or horrible, but once it's explained it actually will be sensible.
- Straight: Audry and Barry are talking about how they're going to make "a mass killing" at a concert of theirs. It turns out "killing" is just slang for a large payment.
- Exaggerated: Audry and Barry keep talking about how they're going "kill everyone" and how the "new world order" will be theirs. Turns out it's just slang for "Giving great enjoyment" and "the band which is most popular in a musical genera", respectively.
- Downplayed: Audry could be heard saying she'll "Give Barry something to think about". She later gives him a gift.
- Justified: Sometimes, you just don't see everything correctly.
- Inverted: Audry and Barry are talking about how they're going to play "an awesome concert" for everybody. "Concert" is slang for bombs.
- Subverted: Audry and Barry are apparently setting up some "loud guns" and "bright bombs" for the concert. They find machine guns and grenades in their rooms later.
- Double Subverted: Turns out they're just props, the machineguns are to "shot" during a rapid fire guitar solo, and the grenades are to be put on a belt while Audry dresses as a solider.
- Parodied: The way Barry and Audry talk it clearly sounds like they're planning mass genocide. It turns out they just talk in their own personal, and very disturbing, slang.
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: Audry and Barry do nothing to cause suspicion.
- Audry and Barry were originally intended to mean the exact literal thing they were saying, but it's Ret Conned into a big misunderstanding when that plotline gets axed.
- A Commercial Break Cliffhanger is needed, so Audry and Barry are depicted having a seemingly alarming conversation to create fake drama.
- Lampshaded: "You know, if somebody were listening to us talk like this, that would probably think we were deranged mass murders, huh?"
- Invoked: Audry and Barry realize Charlie is eavesdropping, so they phrase their conversation in the most disturbing way possible to freak him out.
- Exploited: Charlie understands what they're actually saying, but nonetheless records their conversation so he can Quote Mine it and blackmail them.
- Defied: Audry and Barry are in a high-security area, such as an airport, so they avoid saying anything that could be seriously misinterpreted.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Back to Less Disturbing in Context