'''Basic Trope''': A recorded laughter is played after a joke is said or done.
* '''Straight''': Whenever a joke is said, you hear recorded laughter.
* '''Exaggerated''': ''Every'' line receives uproarious laughter.
** Laughter is played after a joke is said or done, but the show doesn't pause for laughter.
** The laughter is very subtle, even for genuinely hilarious jokes.
* '''Justified''': The laughter comes from an in-universe audience.
** Whenever someone tells a joke, a crying track is played.
** Someone is graphically shown to crudely amputate a limb. [[BlackComedy A laugh track plays]].
** Alternately: [[ChirpingCrickets Cricket track]].
** Alternatively, characters laugh out loud followed by a joke track.
** Alternatively, when a joke is made, a track of the audience crying out DudeNotFunny plays.
** There is a laugh track - which goes suddenly silent after [[DudeNotFunny the joke goes too far]].
** The joke is [[OverusedRunningGag used too often]], prompting someone to interrupt it.
* '''Double Subverted''': As the joke CrossesTheLineTwice, the laughter cautiously starts up again.
* '''Parodied''': The laugh track plays when no joke has been made, and a character lampshades the mistake.
* '''Zig Zagged''': When a joke is played, the audience doesn't laugh, but on another joke, they do laugh.
* '''Averted''': No laugh track is used in the show.
* '''Enforced''': [[ExecutiveMeddling "All the other comedies on the network have one.]] How will the viewers know when you're being funny otherwise?"
* '''Lampshaded''': "Ah, a laugh track. How droll."
* '''Invoked''': The comedian brings a tape player with a laugh track onto the stage.
* '''Exploited''': ???
* '''Defied''': The comedian then ostentatiously snaps the laugh track in two before starting their routine.
* '''Discussed''': ???
* '''Conversed''': "Why do sitcom producers insert prerecorded laughs in their shows?"
** The character is an insecure comedian who has to pay people to laugh at his jokes.
** A race of puppylike alien beings is staring at them from afar. It constantly begs for entertainment, regardless of how exhausted the people are, ultimately driving them all insane.
** His laugh track actually works in encouraging a genuine reaction.
** The aliens decide they've had their fun/are bored with the show/need to sleep, and go to another household.
Back to LaughTrack, but don't let the bed bugs bite. HAHAHAHAHA!
%% Optional items, added after Conversed, at your discretion:
%%* '''Implied''': ???
%%* '''Plotted A Good Waste''': ???
%%* '''Played For Laughs''': ???
%%* '''Played For Drama''': ???