: A recorded laughter is played after a joke is said or done.
- Straight: Whenever a joke is said, you hear recorded laughter.
- Exaggerated: Laugh track's reaction to joke is exaggerated compared to real life so even a hysterical laughter is played on every minor joke.
- Downplayed: Laughter is played after a joke is said or done, but the show doesn't pause for laughter.
- Justified: The laughter comes from an in-universe audience.
- Whenever someone tells a joke, a crying track is played.
- Someone is graphically shown to crudely amputate a limb. A laugh track plays.
- Alternately: Cricket track.
- Alternatively, characters laugh out loud followed by a joke track.
- Alternatively, when a joke is made, a track of the audience crying out Dude, Not Funny! plays.
- Subverted: There is a laugh track - which goes suddenly silent after the joke goes too far.
- Double Subverted: As the joke Crosses the Line Twice, the laughter cautiously starts up again.
- Parodied: The laugh track plays when no joke has been made, and a character lampshades the mistake.
- Zig Zagged: When a joke is played, the audience doesn't laugh, but on another joke, they do laugh.
- Averted: No laugh track is used in the show.
- Enforced: "All the other comedies on the network have one. How will the viewers know when you're being funny otherwise?"
- Lampshaded: "Ah, a laugh track. How droll".
- Invoked: The comedian brings a tape player with a laugh track onto the stage.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: The comedian then ostentatiously snaps the laugh track in two before starting their routine.
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
- The character is an insecure comedian who has to pay people to laugh at his jokes.
- A race of puppylike alien beings is staring at them from afar. It constantly begs for entertainment, regardless of how exhausted the people are, ultimately driving them all insane.
- His laugh track actually works in encouraging a genuine reaction.
- The aliens decide they've had their fun/are bored with the show/need to sleep, and go to another household.
Back to Laugh Track
, but don't let the bed bugs bite. HAHAHAHAHA!