: An underground rebellion movement.
- Straight: Chaotic Good revolutionaries fight Lawful Evil Empire.
- Exaggerated: The rebels are all squeaky-clean without exception, and every Empire official is A Nazi by Any Other Name who Eats Babies for breakfast.
- Downplayed: ???
- Justified: The Empire is oppressive, but rather inept at silencing the dissenters. Formation of a resistance movement is only a matter of time.
- Inverted: Lawful Good Republic fights Chaotic Evil terrorists.
- Subverted: The resistance's supposed existence is actually a ploy by the Empire to capture anyone who dares to rebel.
- Double Subverted: The people in charge of this ploy, however, secretly recruit the would-be-rebels for their own purposes.
- The Empire has banned comedy. As a result, the resistance consists primarily of disgruntled clowns, writers, and stand-up comedians.
- There's more than one resistance, they don't do anything other than discuss things around a table and angst about how the Empire has oppressed (i.e. improved) their lives, and the only time they actually do something they screw it up by arguing with each other.
- Zig Zagged: The resistance succeeds in overthrowing Emperor Evulz, but they are not much better - but there is another, good resistance movement, but they are actually benevolent aliens in disguise... And then it turns out it's All Just a Dream - of the resistance member fighting the Empire!
- Averted: There's no La Résistance, and the only hope lies with another state.
- Lampshaded: "Sir, there have been rumors of a resistance movement-" "Oh noooo, not again..."
- Invoked: Colonel Garrison has had enough of Evulz' atrocities, and founds the resistance to fight him.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: Emperor Evulz devotes considerable resources to hunting down any resistance movements.
- Discussed: "What are the chances for that resistance group we've been fighting?" "Oh, they'll win... eventually. They're the good guys here." "Then maybe we should * ahem* 'reconsider' our allegiances?"
- Conversed: ???
You might click on La Résistance
, but you will never take our freedom! Fight on, my comrades!