- Straight: Amazing Girl can breathe fire. However, every enemy she faces either wears fireproof armor or finds another way around it.
- Exaggerated: Amazing Girl is a Reality Warper who can stop time. You'd think this would make her invincible, but all of her enemies have some countermeasure.
- Downplayed: Amazing Girl is able to breath fire. Most common fire safety devices are easily employed to keep the damage she might cause from spreading, but there isn't much opponents can do to stop her breathing fire on them directly.
- Amazing Girl's powers are well-known enough to where her enemies are able to prepare in advance.
- Amazing Girl is weak to something fairly commonplace, such as metal or plastic.
- Amazing Girl's powers are pretty useless, but coincidences come up to where she wins the day anyway.
- Amazing Girl's powers are fueled by Tropanium... which all of her enemies have for some reason or another.
- Emperor Evulz boasts that he has a fireproof cloak and that Amazing Girl is useless before him. She merely busts out a different power and kicks his ass.
- Scissors Cuts Rock; Amazing Girl channels her fire powers strongly enough to overpower her enemies' methods of resistance.
- Double Subverted: ...Those two powers are literally all she had.
- Amazing Girl only uses the fire powers because she's contractually obligated to - she uses them once, sees they don't work, then goes straight to fisticuffs.
- Oxygen nullifies Amazing Girl's fire powers, so she is practically powerless.
- Zig Zagged: Amazing Girl's powers aren't always useful; partially due to bad luck, and partly because the most dangerous enemies are the ones who can find a way around her powers, so she has to often mix her powerful abilities with a bit of wit and brains.
- Averted: Some opponents employ countermeasures; others don't.
Writer 1: "Crap, I just realized that the power I gave Amazing Girl is a total Story-Breaker Power! What do I do?"
Writer 2: "...Well, you can write it to where all her enemies have a way around it".
Writer 1: "...Genius!"
- Lampshaded: "FIRE BREATH! ...No effect? This one, too?"
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz, seeing that Amazing Girl is kicking his mooks' asses with her Fire Breath, starts assigning them fireproof armor.
- Exploited: Evulz require fireproof minions for an unrelated scheme, and decided to recruit from Amazing girl's rogues' gallery
- Defied: "The fireproof armor trick was nice, but I came prepared too".
- Discussed: "Why are my fire powers so useless all the time? Furthermore, why do I keep using them?"
- Conversed: "I'd say take a shot every time Amazing Girl's powers run into a roadblock, but then we'd all go to the hospital".
- Deconstructed: The forces of evil are Genre Savvy enough to prepare countermeasures against her powers - and with those in place, Amazing Girl is injured - or worse, killed.
- Reconstructed: After being injured, Amazing Girl finds different ways to utilize her powers, or starts training to use other powers entirely.
Gack, Trope-o-nite! Your one weakness! Quick, run back to Kryptonite Is Everywhere!