Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
Playing With: Kill 'em All
: Everyone in the main cast is dead by the time the credits roll.
- Straight: Alice, Bob, and Catherine all die by the end of the movie.
- Downplayed: Every main character in the film is brutally injured in the ending.
- Alice, Bob, and Catherine are all killed in a suicide mission, no one had any expectation of them coming back alive anyways.
- Alternatively, Alice, Bob, and Catherine all have dangerous jobs and the story takes place over a long span of time, thus making their fates inevitable.
- Alice, Bob and Catherine are all sent on the above mission, but no one is killed.
- Alice, Bob and Catherine die early in the beginning, and the story is about them finding a way back to life.
- Everybody dies except for Alice, Bob and Catherine.
- Subverted: Alice, Bob, and Catherine are killed, but they are Only Mostly Dead
- Double Subverted:But they are Killed Off for Real later on.
- Parodied: Alice, Bob, and Catherine survive the suicide mission, manage to live through fifteen consecutive nuclear strikes, dodge the bullet from the crazed assassin, and make it back to headquarters to report on what happened, only to be killed by General Killemall.
- Zig Zagged: "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE... just kidding. OMG THERE'S A BOMB... it's turned off. A METEOR IS HEADING FOR EARTH... it missed."
- Averted: None of them or only one of them die.
- Enforced: "We're getting to the end of the story, kill them all!"
- Lampshaded: "OH GOD, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! AAAAAAAAA-" *boom*
- Invoked: A character is an Omnicidal Maniac and said character gets his way.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Oh please why would I kill you all, I'd have no one to talk to."
- Discussed: "Is this the part of the movie where we all start to die?"
- Conversed: "So it's like when they kill characters off one by one before the end of a movie?"
- Deconstructed: The character thinks through his reasons for killing everyone and decides not to.
- Reconstructed: The character thinks through his reasons for killing everyone and decides, AWWW YEAH!
- Played For Laughs: Everyone just suddenly and unexpectedly dies, even when there was no setup and no reason for them to.
Back to Kill 'em All