: Children are cruel, callous bullies.
- Straight: Alice is a 7-year-old and bullies the other kids.
- Alice is a 3-year-old who picks on kids of all ages.
- Alice is the Big Bad Enfant Terrible who plots the deaths of children from around the world.
- All children are portrayed as villains.
- Downplayed: Alice is an 11-year-old who bullies the other kids.
- Justified: Alice has parents who abuse her every single day.
- Inverted: Children Are Innocent.
- Subverted: Alice may seem to act like a bully to other children but suddenly acts nice.
- Double Subverted: Only because she's hiding her true personalities and using them for her own selfish purposes.
- Parodied: Alice is essentially a super-villain with her own secret lair and plans for world domination.
- Zig Zagged: Alice switches from mean to nice depending on a certain mood she's in.
- Averted: Alice is neither cruel nor kind.
- Enforced: The writer has a distaste for children and plans on portraying children as monsters.
- Lampshaded: "Your mother should have aborted you, Alice."
- Alice's parents teach her how to be mean to other children to make her feel special.
- The Corrupter turns Alice into a cruel kid.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Yes, children can be downright mean but not all children are total sociopaths, so we're going to have something not even Alice would cross."
- Discussed: "Just because Alice is a child and doesn't know any better is no excuse."
- Conversed: "Do you think the author created Alice as a representation of how some children behave in real life?"
- Deconstructed: Sally the Social Worker cannot understand why Alice still choose to be cruel despite having no Freudian Excuse, lived a somewhat comfortable life, and have a loving supporting family.
- Reconstructed: Sally acknowledge that there are some children like Alice who are a lost cause, but the majority of kids aren't all like that, and children mostly do cruel things because something in their lives made them that way.
- Played For Laughs: Alice wishes to rule the world while delivering an Evil Laugh.
- Played For Drama: Alice's parents disowns her because of her heartlessness, and whether or not Alice cares, she now has to fend for herself alone with most of the world wanting her dead.
Back to Kids Are Cruel