Playing With: Kill 'em All
Basic Trope: Everyone in the main cast is dead by the time the credits roll.
Back to Kill 'em All
- Straight: Alice, Bob, and Catherine all die by the end of the movie.
- Alice, Bob, and Catherine are all murdered in extremely drawn out, painful ways.
- Every single character that has been shown or mentioned in the movie is dead in the end.
- Class X-4 Apocalypse: the entire universe dies. As all lives in the universe are snuffed out one by one, the viewer is shown each lives' thoughts and (doomed to be unfulfilled) aspirations.
- Class Z Apocalypse (Metaphysical Annihilation): Not only the entire Omniverse ceases to exist, it's a Metaphysical Annihilation that erases them from time itself; In short, not only is all life destroyed. It never existed to begin with.
- Downplayed: Every main character in the film is brutally injured in the ending.
- Alice, Bob, and Catherine are all killed in a suicide mission, no one had any expectation of them coming back alive anyways.
- Alternatively, Alice, Bob, and Catherine all have dangerous jobs and the story takes place over a long span of time, thus making their fates inevitable.
- Alice, Bob and Catherine are all sent on the above mission, but no one is killed.
- Alice, Bob and Catherine die early in the beginning, and the story is about them finding a way back to life.
- Everybody dies except for Alice, Bob and Catherine.
- Subverted: Alice, Bob, and Catherine are killed, but they are Only Mostly Dead
- Double Subverted:But they are Killed Off for Real later on.
- Zig Zagged: "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE... just kidding. OMG THERE'S A BOMB... it's turned off. A METEOR IS HEADING FOR EARTH... it missed."
- Averted: None of them or only one of them die.
- Enforced: "We're getting to the end of the story, kill them all!"
- Lampshaded: "OH GOD, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! AAAAAAAAA-" *boom*
- Invoked: A character is an Omnicidal Maniac and said character gets his way.
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: "Oh please why would I kill you all, I'd have no one to talk to."
- Discussed: "Is this the part of the movie where we all start to die?"
- Conversed: "So it's like when they kill characters off one by one before the end of a movie?"
- Deconstructed: The character thinks through his reasons for killing everyone and decides not to.
- Reconstructed: The character thinks through his reasons for killing everyone and decides, AWWW YEAH!
- Played For Laughs: Everyone just suddenly and unexpectedly dies, even when there was no setup and no reason for them to.
Back to Kill 'em All